• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

The Republic of Texas

Republic of Texas?

• Yes

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Neutral

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Scotty

The One and Only
Premium
Reaction score
what is talks opinion on Texas secession, if it ever happened. I'm just making this thread to the pass the time really, so feel free to say whatever, but keep in mind I am a Texan and can get heated real fast if something overtly negative is said about the state, so keep in mind there's a chance I might come off a bit douchy if i respond to some of your comments.

Jog

Community Supervisor
Reaction score
Never been to Texas, and I really want to go within next 4 years.

I would want to see it stay as a state as it is basically what keeps all the liberal states west of the Mississippi in check. Also Texas is the bomb. Great food, culture, and cities. Honestly Austin would be a great city to go to University for because of its nightlife and great surrounding suburb cities.

Overview: No succession, Keep it great

Scotty

The One and Only
Premium
Reaction score
Never been to Texas, and I really want to go within next 4 years.

I would want to see it stay as a state as it is basically what keeps all the liberal states west of the Mississippi in check. Also Texas is the bomb. Great food, culture, and cities. Honestly Austin would be a great city to go to University for because of its nightlife and great surrounding suburb cities.

Overview: No succession, Keep it great
Austin is a nice place to go to college or visit but don't live there isnyoj are
Conservative, all the liberals
In Texas live in Austin. It is like tiny San Francisco.

Jog

Community Supervisor
Reaction score
Austin is a nice place to go to college or visit but don't live there isnyoj are

Ya I know they have some pretty stupid stuff like SXSW and other stuff. I wouldn't live there probably as for having a job and raising a family but as a place for college or for visiting like you mentioned.

Fordo

Reaction score
If Texas was to ever, in the slightest, attempt to succeed. It would immediately be shit on by the Union. Same goes for any state that would dare make an attempt like so.

I've always considered moving to Texas when I finish up college and begin work down there. I am a Cowboys fan and I also like the Houston Rockets basketball team. I also like the fact that they have a very low income tax rate. I also like it's less strict gun laws and similar political views to those that I hold personal.

There are some other issues that would deter me from wanting to live in Texas like I often here there is a large number of crime there, especially in the cities. I'll also miss having a full range of seasons. etc.

Scotty

The One and Only
Premium
Reaction score
If Texas was to ever, in the slightest, attempt to succeed. It would immediately be shit on by the Union. Same goes for any state that would dare make an attempt like so.

I've always considered moving to Texas when I finish up college and begin work down there. I am a Cowboys fan and I also like the Houston Rockets basketball team. I also like the fact that they have a very low income tax rate. I also like it's less strict gun laws and similar political views to those that I hold personal.

There are some other issues that would deter me from wanting to live in Texas like I often here there is a large number of crime there, especially in the cities. I'll also miss having a full range of seasons. etc.
Depends on the kind of secession, Texas already is good buisiness partners with many overseas countries, and given the current world opinion of the Unite States, a negative secession such as one with sanctions on Texas land or an all out Covil War would not look goood politically for the US and would in fact worsen the already poor opinion of us as a nation, resulting in more foreign support towards Texas and its efforts. This is why the US would most likely peacefully allow it, or secretly disapprove and try to sweep the dirty work under the rug.

Scotty

The One and Only
Premium
Reaction score

The only City that really has a high crime rate would be Houston, but that is mostly in the poorer areas around minority groups like latinos and African American. As for seasons, you have Spring, Summer, and Summerer. It does snow in stone parts of Texas like north Texas, but it usually does not stick and turns into icy slush. What is really great about the state is every region of Texas has its own little cultural dome. So each region is like visiting another state. For example, Central Texas, where I am from, is heavily influenced by German culture fire to German settlers coming here in the 1800's. There are a lot of little Herman towns in central Texas like Fredericksburg, or Flugerville. Some of the towns even celebrate Oktoberfest. South Texas is more Latino culture because of its vacinty to the border, and east Texas is more city folk and beach culture.

Last edited by a moderator:

GameCube

Reaction score

Another town that is like that, an oasis of liberalism in a conservative heartland, is Asheville, North Carolina. Does anyone know of more? How about conservative places stuck in liberal states?