• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Strongest team after the shuffle.

mkhl

Reaction score
Let's revive this thread. Dota 2 is a really great game both from a player and a spectator perspective. For me, Team Liquid seems to be really solid at this point in the roster shuffle.

Referal

Reaction score
idk know another team better then them but I would go with team Liquid

m33kuh

Reaction score
Yes undeniably Team Liquid is good. But now I think they are not the strongest team in 2017. We have OG and EG and VP who are battling it out and always get direct invites to any large tournaments, especially now in Ti7. Their playstyle and lineups are so strong. Although Liquid is still a strong team, for sure they will have a hard time competing against those 3.

fishmonk

Reaction score
I think Liquid is a tad too inconsistent compared with EG and VP. However, there seems to be no overwhelming favourite for TI. This should be a great tournament.

m33kuh

Reaction score
Agreed. Even the underdogs can take over the whole tournament. Remember TNC beating OG? One of the greatest moments in the history of Dota 2. And also, remember Wings winning Ti6? That was unexpected. Sad that they have disbanded though.

fishmonk

Reaction score
Yeah. It's certainly sad to not have Wings in TI. They brought some exciting picks and games for the viewers.

m33kuh

Reaction score
I remember them owning almost all teams that they had a match with. Wings Gaming is one of the Dota 2 teams in the history who are very versatile when it comes to hero picks. Seems like they know how to play almost all heroes and also execute monstrous team plays.

fishmonk

Reaction score
Yeah, it's pretty hard to draft against a team. In order to play against them, you need outplay them. It's a pity that they have to split up after just one TI.

amine erraji

Reaction score
Team Liquide i can safely say they can win the Ti7 i was following the team the past 2 weeks, i am amazed how they play together.
they play as a united team all i can say is they are having with the game, not like some other teams when something goe's off the plan they rage and lose there mind; but liquide they keep it cool like nothing happend and the comeback is always real for them.

yoyoalben0

Reaction score
Agreed. Even the underdogs can take over the whole tournament. Remember TNC beating OG? One of the greatest moments in the history of Dota 2. And also, remember Wings winning Ti6? That was unexpected. Sad that they have disbanded though.
I remember this quite well. the reason why they disbanded is their old lineup might not work as before. also OG disbanded after that "incident" so they need to rethink and reshuffle their team. TNC is doing good but it shook the dota 2 world. i hope they will play again as a team. it was a great entertainment, imagine an unknown team destroying OG? oh wow oh wow.

fishmonk

Reaction score
I remember this quite well. the reason why they disbanded is their old lineup might not work as before. also OG disbanded after that "incident" so they need to rethink and reshuffle their team. TNC is doing good but it shook the dota 2 world. i hope they will play again as a team. it was a great entertainment, imagine an unknown team destroying OG? oh wow oh wow.
I have high hopes for TNC this year. Hopefully they can upset some bigger names and make SEA Dota proud.

m33kuh

Reaction score
I heard wrong about their disbandment. I saw a post from a Dota 2 page and there was a blog actually. Wings Gaming disbanded due to a conflict with the players and their management. I think it has something to do with the management trying to make a new team for League of Legends but the Dota 2 team members want to focus on their game instead of dividing the attention since they are still new. I could be wrong though.

fishmonk

Reaction score
I heard wrong about their disbandment. I saw a post from a Dota 2 page and there was a blog actually. Wings Gaming disbanded due to a conflict with the players and their management. I think it has something to do with the management trying to make a new team for League of Legends but the Dota 2 team members want to focus on their game instead of dividing the attention since they are still new. I could be wrong though.
China's Dota 2 is controlled by ACE. They have banned Wings players from playing due to conflict between Wings organization and the players.

m33kuh

Reaction score
ACE? What's that? Is that the china version of Valve? Yeah there was really a conflict. So Wings' members decided to disband and form a new team instead. As of the moment, they currently have 3 members. I forgot the name though, I think it was Reborn or Random or something.

fishmonk

Reaction score
ACE stands for Association for Chinese Esports. Pro players need to follow their rules to play in local tournaments in China.

m33kuh

Reaction score
ACE stands for Association for Chinese Esports. Pro players need to follow their rules to play in local tournaments in China.
Awesome. By the way, I just saw a video about a pro korean player named Promise who went full retard and jumped of a 12 storey building or something because he doesn't want to obey his manager's decision to fix a game. Little did they know, their team is already losing financial supports so their manager decided to deal with other teams to fix their game for them, which means more money. Too much pride I guess.

fishmonk

Reaction score
Awesome. By the way, I just saw a video about a pro korean player named Promise who went full retard and jumped of a 12 storey building or something because he doesn't want to obey his manager's decision to fix a game. Little did they know, their team is already losing financial supports so their manager decided to deal with other teams to fix their game for them, which means more money. Too much pride I guess.
Pride is one thing but jumping off a building because of this is too much indeed. He should just quit the team instead of doing that.

m33kuh

Reaction score
Yeah. But maybe he is just too devoted to eSports and I understand him. Good thing he survived though. He was hospitalized for some time and they did not have money nor his team or manager. But all his fans saved up for him and other fellow players. Now I think he is back to eSports. :) Such a good gesture by other people.

fishmonk

Reaction score
Yes, it’s very lucky of him to survive the fall. This shows the dark side of E-sports. It’s not all about fame and glory. The support of the community is important for his recovery. Thankfully, he’s still able to play games.

m33kuh

Reaction score
You watched it? I think it was an old documentary movie or something. I recently just watched it. And it has a lot of shares so probably that was a long time ago. Forgot about all the infos though as I only watched it for quite a bit. Yeah, good thing he survived. Not everyone survives jumping off a 12 floor building. Lol