• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Streets of Rage/Bare Knuckle.

Smokey

Reaction score
Anyone else love this beat-em-up series? This was my first beat-em-up as a kid and I still love playing the games to this day. I just recently beat Streets of Rage 2 again using my RetroN5 console by Hyperkin. I love the soundtracks to these games. The game holds a special place in my heart. What about you guys? Do you like the Streets of Rage series?

Shimus

Reaction score
I <3 Streets of Rage. The beat them up slam them down sidescrolling rampages were epic. Play with a bunch of friends.

basic_sega_biology_meme__1__streets_of_rage_by_thekirbykrisis-d83t7yu.jpg

streets_of_rage_irl__1__by_rodrigo6620-d6aregc.jpg

I still love those type of games to these days. Nice to sit down and hack and slash but with fists and barrels and wooden planks. Whatever.

pwarbi

Reaction score
Streets of rage! Now THAT was a game!

I remember playing this for hours and hours when I was growing up, absolutely loved it. When you look at the game now though, any games from around that era you realise just how far the gaming world as come.

Shimus

Reaction score
Indeed. But I could/would still play if they made a sidescroller MMORPG like Streets of Rage.

Oh wait. We have one. Dungeon Fighter Online is kind of like it, but more anime in nature. Same concept, juggle, beat up, use items around you. Enjoy the battles.

Also, I loved the earlier versions before they refined them down too. Streets of Rage could be seen having influences from the NES game "NARC" - check the youtube videos. It was more basic, less to do, but the concept was the same. They just improved upon it.

joshposh

Reaction score
Streets of rage series was a good one. I picked up a copy because of the final fight game in the arcades. Eventually it made its way to Sega consoles, but the Streets of Rage series took off and sequels were made. I wish I kept those games and not given them away to my nephews. But that was long time ago. Good games to have for nostalgia.

beastmaster184

Reaction score
How could i not like streets of rage some of those snk characters ended up in street fighter games that were crossover along side i use to go to this taco place all the time and that arcade game was there it was totally boss

Mattmattics

Reaction score
I <3 Streets of Rage. The beat them up slam them down sidescrolling rampages were epic. Play with a bunch of friends.

basic_sega_biology_meme__1__streets_of_rage_by_thekirbykrisis-d83t7yu.jpg

streets_of_rage_irl__1__by_rodrigo6620-d6aregc.jpg

I still love those type of games to these days. Nice to sit down and hack and slash but with fists and barrels and wooden planks. Whatever.

If you look at it that way the main character was probably the villain in reality. Lol but at the same time that was the 80-90's pop culture scene in the States. So I can't blame them, plus most of those games were fun.

Mattmattics

Reaction score
There is a bar arcade in DC that has this in Arcade form. It's fun to play with a few drinks.

kenoobie

Reaction score
Street of rage was one of my favorites in beat em up. I really like the character skates because roller blades! I play this for the nostalgia and would sometimes just challenge myself how far I can go with one token.