• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Streaming (Twitch.tv , etc)

Epicfied

Reaction score
I love streaming. Recently, my husband and I are both getting back into streaming quite a bit.
I figured I'd give everyone who streams a shot to post their link and for everyone who watches streams to find some new ones to watch.

Discussion wise;
What games (or types of games) do you stream?
What games do you like watching?
Favorite streamers?
Anything else stream related.

My channel is twitch.tv/epicfied
My husband's channel is twitch.tv/zachrael

If you follow, definitely let me know down below so I know who you are. :)

Avex

Founding Member
Reaction score
I personally tried streaming but the closest server is somewhere in Asia and it's very hard to stream constant, lagless gameplay.
However if I were able to stream it'd mainly be of games such a Gmod, DayZ, BF4, Fifa and maybe some WoW if/when I get better at PVP.
I like watching DayZ mainly, sometimes some fifa if the streamer isn't annoying
Don't really take note of streamers names... I normally just jump on random streams when I'm bored.

I followed both of your channels anyway, good luck with them :D

Epicfied

Reaction score
Thank you for the follows and luck wishes. Any support is definitely appreciated. :)

Servers can definitely be bleh. You have to be close to a server, have a good internet connection, and a great computer to handle it.

If you enjoy WoW PvP, you may enjoy watching him PvP or watching us PvP together.
He was 2200 rating whereas I'm just newer to WoW in general.

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
Several people on the forum use twitch to stream. One such is @tripz I often get emails from Twitch daily that he is online.
I hope to include a section on this website for streamers and watchers.

A section where we integrate twitch into our site so users can login via their twitch and also showcase their streams on our site.

Brandon

Admin
Administrator
Premium
Reaction score
I stream tf2 and csgo my favorite streamers are comp ones for csgo and tf2 so i can learn from them

Pudge

Reaction score
I don't stream (don't really have anything interesting to offer), but I sometimes watch Dota 2 or Hearthstone streamers. Kripp in particular is fun to watch.

Also, when a new game is about to come out, you can usually catch some streamers who got it early. Helps me to decide if I'm going to buy it or not.

Epicfied

Reaction score
I don't stream (don't really have anything interesting to offer), but I sometimes watch Dota 2 or Hearthstone streamers. Kripp in particular is fun to watch.

Also, when a new game is about to come out, you can usually catch some streamers who got it early. Helps me to decide if I'm going to buy it or not.
Streamers definitely give a good view on games, but I actually read reviews or watch game play on Youtube for that.

Squigly

Reaction score
I know that it's really hard to garner viewers for Twitch streams, best of luck OP. If you're just doing it casually I would recommend Steam Broadcasting instead, it requires very little preparation on your part and your Steam friends can readily watch your game at any time.

empress

Reaction score
I don't stream myself, nor do I usually watch them. I prefer watching either recorded Streams or pre-recorded Lets Plays on YouTube as then I don't miss anything that happened, since I get interrupted a lot and you can't pause a stream, but you can a video.

Sylar

General Manager
Reaction score
I don't stream really. I never have the time to sit down to dedicate to getting a stream up, and when I do nobody ends up watching. :bag:
However, I do like to stream SWTOR or League of Legends if I have the time and I feel like streaming.'
I really love watching league, both competitive and just pros streaming from their game house. I love watching oddone, dyrus, turtle, etc. Mostly TSM guys basically.
I would like to get back into streaming later on this summer, perhaps once I can figure out how to get myself on the streams section of the website here haha

RivaCom

Reaction score
I would love to stream more. But there are no high cost solutions in my area for high upload speeds. So I'm stuck with 1-2Mbps of pure slowness. One day Verizon will move into my neighborhood though.

sapett

Reaction score
I don't personally stream myself, but I do enjoy watching other people's streams. I particularly enjoy watching Minecraft, Battlefield, and Civilization live steams. Most of the ones I watch are broadcast through Twitch, but occasionally I'll find myself watching on YouTube. I don't have any specific favorite streamers. I skip round and watch a variety.

Martin

Reaction score
I have watched streams in the past, never done it myself though but it is something I wouldn't mind trying one day. I would want to do it with friends though so there is conversation even if no one is watching the stream.

msyukionna

Reaction score
Streamers definitely give a good view on games, but I actually read reviews or watch game play on Youtube for that.
I do agree. I watch streams for the interaction, but I find myself not being able to pay attention for long periods of time. I watch Geek & Sundry's channel. And same as you, I turn to YouTube for game reviews or for getting a general idea of game-play. It's just easier to get information from a medium that is compressed and edited.

nickdamon

Reaction score
Awesome thread! Thanks OP.

What games (or types of games) do you stream? Horror, Survival, FPS, RPG, and more
What games do you like watching? I mostly enjoy watching Horror, Battle Arena, Survival, or gamers doing RP
Favorite streamers? BurkeBlack, SheriffEli, H20Delirious
I'm a new streamer but I've been a fan of Twitch and watching streamers for a long time. It's something I LOVE to watch in my downtime or put on in the background while I get some things done. Being a fan of gaming myself as well, I decided to start streaming too since a few months ago and have loved every minute being a streamer in the Twitch community. The best part is getting out there and just talking to people while I play my favorite games. I'd love to co-stream with some people whether it be on PC or Xbox.

My channel is twitch.tv/swampski

SpitfireMase

Reaction score
I stream sometimes, and the reason I stream isn't that I'm particularly good or because people watch, but archiving the streams helps me look back and see where I did poorly, and when I play with friends, it's fun to take the archived footage and turn it into a comedy video that I upload to youtube. I enjoy the editing process a little bit even though it is kind of rudimentary.

I tend to stream just Overwatch because I have the most friends playing that. Though I did stream myself playing Beyond Good and Evil.

I don't watch streams often but when I do I watch Hearthstone, Overwatch, or Gwent.

Kripparrian, Kephrii, and Swim are my favorite streamers.