• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Steam Summer Sale

kenoobie

Reaction score
Now that steam summer sale is here, what games are you looking forward to play? Any games that are worth it to buy right now? As for me, I am going to buy borderlands 2 and I am looking forward to playing it with friends.

Denis_P

Reaction score
Oh dear, the Steam Summer Sale is here and there goes my wallet. Looking at the sales on now, just off the top of my head I think I'm going to be getting Shadow of Mordor, Doom, and the Witcher 3: GOTY. Also probably The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind GOTY since even though I played it, I need it to complete my Elder Scrolls Steam collection.

Other than that, I don't have anything particular in mind so I'm just waiting to see what comes along. Enjoy Borderlands 2, it's a pretty fun (and funny) game so I think you'll have a good time.

AlexHarris

Reaction score
I was thinking of getting Mafia III and Shadow of Mordor. Both seem like decent games, but I'll definitely look into it a bit more before I buy one. They have a decent chunk off so they're pretty affordable for the quality. I don't have any games that I binge play the series or anything like that so I'm feeling a bit indecisive at the moment. Has anyone seen that Valve pack though? From $200 to $17 seems like a pretty great deal even if you aren't interested in Counter-strike and what not.

StolenKid

Reaction score
I buyed Borderlands 2, Portal 2, and Shadow Of Mordor, I played Portal 2 a long time ago and I'm looking to replay it, really fun game.

Makef0rt

Reaction score
I will most likely skip this sale. I haven't seen anything special yet, at least not something I would buy and be sure I would spend some quality time playing it. I will wait to see what other offers might show up though.

CBL28

Reaction score
I'm hoping to get maybe Euro Truck Simulator 2 or This War of Mine. I haven't seen anything worthwhile besides those two though. As such, I'll use what I've learned from previous sales and wait until around the 28th to see if there's any good offers.

SpitfireMase

Reaction score
I just bought a few older games I haven't really had the opportunity to play before. The Half-Life games and the two Portal games. They're industry defining, so It's probably a good idea to see why.

Money is tight, so I spent what I had to spare, but it seems like a good haul for less than 10 dollars.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I really can't decide. On one hand, there are lots of great titles out there that have at least 60% discount. On the other, I don't like spending my little Steam credit on stuff because I might need it later on the sale on something I really want. So, it's just the waiting game for me right now. I'll spend my money on games when it's the last 3 days or so of the sale. Until then, I'll just browse and take note of the games I want.

BethSztruhar

Reaction score
The time has arrived when I spend money on things I don't really need. I need Borderland 2, but I think when I'll look at the sales I'll buy more than one game.

BrokenDownFlier

Reaction score
I picked up Banished and Black Desert Online last night. It took AGES for BDO to download and install, 9 hours with my dl peak at 6.3MB/s but it is a 60G file. Banished was only 200M so took minutes and I spent about 7 hours playing it. If you've ever tried The Settlers II: Veni Vidi Vici then that's the type of game it is, only with 36 Steam achievements.

Banished cost $4.99USD while BDO was $7.99USD; I should have waited a few more days to see if Black Desert Online dropped below 20% off but I have a friend who's been pushing me to get it so we can play together. Now I'm waiting to see what else drops in price while saving a bit more to buy some Rift DLC packs while they're at 50% (really hoping they drop to 70% like last year but not going to hold my breath).

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I just bought a few older games I haven't really had the opportunity to play before. The Half-Life games and the two Portal games. They're industry defining, so It's probably a good idea to see why.

Money is tight, so I spent what I had to spare, but it seems like a good haul for less than 10 dollars.
I saw those on sale too. The whole Valve bundle was 91% off so it seemed very attractive, but I really have no interest in playing most of the games there. I am just interested in L4D2, so that's the only thing that I got. Everything else is filler and even the 90% discount can't get me to buy it.

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
I don't think that this time the sale is for me. I tried but could not find anything much interesting. My limited funds can be an underlying reason for it.

Pixie06

Reaction score
Unfortunately I won't be able to buy any games for the time being:worried: I am trying to sell some of the original games I have to others to be able to get some money. So far I have not really been successful. I will have to stick with my old games for some time.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
I like how a lot of people on my social media page are sharing memes about steam taking all the money in their wallets because of the sale, but I can't seem to relate too much as I do not have money at all T_T. I was hoping to buy Elder Scrolls Online but I don't think I'll make it because I'm also saving up for a new phone, so I might just wait for the next sale instead. Ironic how I didn't have to worry about spending money on the sale but its only because I have no money at all T_T.

TheArticulate

Reaction score
I broke down and purchased Firewatch yesterday for $9. Really happy with it and I've only put an hour into it so far. The characters are compelling, and the storyline is intriguing, which really keeps me playing through it. Keeping my eye on Fallout 4 as well, but I doubt it'll go any more than 50% off, so I might be adding to my library soon as well.