• Game Rebels: The site that rewards you for posting
  • Join The Awesome ARK Server!

Island PVE (Official Rates x2) by Vurh.Club
    Join ARK Server! Join ARK Discord!
  • The Game Shop V2!

A Complete revamp! Hundreds of FREE games, now available!
    Shop Now!
  • Game Rebels Community

Welcome to this awesome gaming forum
    Register Now
  • Earn Points to Buy Games!

The more you post, the more you earn
    Learn More

Steam Broadcasting Beta

Discussion in 'PC' started by Squigly, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Squigly

Squigly Member

https://steamcommunity.com/updates/broadcasting

So has anyone used this feature? So far it's still a little buggy, and not many viewers are using it, but it requires literally no set-up since it's all integrated into Steam. So long as you edit your permissions anyone can watch you broadcast any Steam game live. I think it can be a really great competitor to Twitch if done right!

2. Jafool

Jafool New Member

I think this is a cool feature and I can understand why they're doing it... 100%. However I do not think it's going to be successful at all. Twitch is already too established. I like that they're giving it a go though. :)

3. LitoLawless

LitoLawless New Member

I always wondered why Steam didn't have a feature like this before. It seems pretty logical being that it's PC gaming and all. All that aside, I think this will be pretty cool and will get a lot more people into broadcasting. It will be like a one stop show to broadcast gaming. I'm not too sure how Twitch works, but I'm going to assume that this will be simpler.

4. Jordan

Jordan Founder Owner

It will be simpler if your playing steam games. But the point is, all the viewers are already at twitch xD

5. Epicfied

Epicfied New Member

I completely forgot they were doing this. I would probably try it out while streaming. It'd be a nice way to build various crowds for your streams.
    Next time I stream a steam game, I'll toss it on both Twitch and that. Give it a shot.