• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Steam Broadcasting Beta

Squigly

Reaction score
https://steamcommunity.com/updates/broadcasting

So has anyone used this feature? So far it's still a little buggy, and not many viewers are using it, but it requires literally no set-up since it's all integrated into Steam. So long as you edit your permissions anyone can watch you broadcast any Steam game live. I think it can be a really great competitor to Twitch if done right!

Jafool

Reaction score
I think this is a cool feature and I can understand why they're doing it... 100%. However I do not think it's going to be successful at all. Twitch is already too established. I like that they're giving it a go though. :)

LitoLawless

Reaction score
I always wondered why Steam didn't have a feature like this before. It seems pretty logical being that it's PC gaming and all. All that aside, I think this will be pretty cool and will get a lot more people into broadcasting. It will be like a one stop show to broadcast gaming. I'm not too sure how Twitch works, but I'm going to assume that this will be simpler.

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
It will be simpler if your playing steam games. But the point is, all the viewers are already at twitch xD

Epicfied

Reaction score
I completely forgot they were doing this. I would probably try it out while streaming. It'd be a nice way to build various crowds for your streams.
Next time I stream a steam game, I'll toss it on both Twitch and that. Give it a shot.