• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Starting up game store

Martinsx

Reaction score
Some people are very good when it comes to gaming both with online and offline games. If you analyze some people's gaming experience, you would be surprised to see some who have played over 30 games and are still adding to their gaming inventory.

Now having said that, with fund being available to such persons would great gaming experience, would you consider setting up a gaming shop a good way to maximize your gaming exploits?

Pixie06

Reaction score
My cousin buys new games very regularly. At a certain point, he had too many games and he didn't have enough space to keep all these games. He then decided to start selling some of his games. He then created a Facebook page through which he started selling the games and is still doing so. He is earning a good amount from this. He is considering to set up his own website now.

Martinsx

Reaction score
My cousin buys new games very regularly. At a certain point, he had too many games and he didn't have enough space to keep all these games. He then decided to start selling some of his games. He then created a Facebook page through which he started selling the games and is still doing so. He is earning a good amount from this. He is considering to set up his own website now.

Wow, that's one good way to get lots of people who might pick interest in buying games from someone who have more than enough and decide to sell. Taking it to Facebook page and have it advertised is a good idea, I might be doing that as well to see successful I would be in making good cash from my stock.

Henrywrites

Reaction score
Gaming shop is what my uncle does and I must say that he makes loads of cash from those that come to play game at the shop as well as those that wants to buy any of the game CD plates. The only downside of having a gaming shop is the risk of having to condole attitudes of some gamblers that are there to bet and maybe have a fight. So, if the game shop owner can be able to handle such an attitude, then he is halfway to making some cash through the shop.

Referal

Reaction score
Good trick for having a good gaming store is always offering discounts or free trials something like Origin and Humble bundle offers to its users so users can experience the site store you have. Also Promoting it or sponsoring other sites like other gaming sites. Also I would suggest opening a mini shop and offer mini-games that you have already.

pierrepotro

Reaction score
Starting a store is very different than just being good at the games you play and would take a lot of initial capital, and even then the market is already saturated with these types of stores especially with the advent of online stores, that you really can't compete with them just with your collection. I just hand it down to my younger cousins and friends.