• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

"Spoiled Generation"

Daytona211

Reaction score
So I have been hearing a lot about the so called "spoiled generation" basically kids born from like 2000 on word I think.

So is it really this entire generation of parents that are enablers and are bad at parenting?

Is it the kids being spoiled entitled little shits?

Is it neither and just the advent of the internet giving the kids a highway avenue to complain and have there IRL complaints streamed to everyone (I think it is partially this one)

What do you guys think?

Cuffs

Reaction score
I think that the ones who criticize our generation, forget who raised it. if they dont like the way we are being raised, than they should be the ones to change their parenting.

Major Stern

WH Server Moderator
Reaction score
I am not spoilt I was born in 2000 But like 5 year olds getting Ipads breaking them and getting replacements and stuff like that actually is pretty annoying

ʞuɐɥ

Reaction score
A lot of people in my school have rich parents who spoil the hell out of their children. I have heard of kids asking their parents for money and receiving 10k.

That being said, I don't think giving kids access to technology at a young age is spoiling them. This world is becoming a lot more focused around technology. People argue that they didn't have access to this kind of technology when they were young, but back then, the world wasn't as focused around technology as it is today.

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
I don't believe that this is true. Every generation is a mixed breed of both good as well as bad people. The same is the case with the present generation. Though there is a wide change in values and principles but still there are many who always live up to the expectations.

Soulwatcher

Reaction score
I think the biggest problem with this generation is the fact that you have parents who have busy lives. Its not like the old days where kids had mom at home and dad worked 40hrs a week and the family lived a comfortable life. These days a lot of families have both parents working and some families one or both parents are working two jobs.

So there is no family structure and the parents are tired when they get home. So they buy their kids, iPhones, iPads, game consoles and what ever else the kids want. And the parents tell them to go play and the internet ends up raising their kids for them. And that's the biggest reason why kids are so bad today, they are a product of their environment!

fireball916

Reaction score
Every generation has some good eggs and bad eggs. I think it's possible that it's just easier to see more of the spoiled rotten kids due to social media and stuff like that mixed with an increased sense of keeping up with the Jones. The Jones' newborn has a $500 phone we need to get our newborn a $600 phone!

GameCube

Reaction score
It's difficult to say what creates a bad egg. I mean, ideally, we would want a kid to be respectful, empathetic, and thankful. However, though, parents get in the way by spoiling and some even screw kids up by doing the opposite - being too strict. :grumpy:

Last edited:

Not Sag

CW Super Admin
Reaction score
It all comes down to how their raised and how their parents are. I think people view it as the "spoiled generation" as this century has more things, such as the new technology being created. But then kids nowadays also earn more money doing jobs then they did back in the day, and they also get more hours as they're paid less than adults.