• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Sony Should Revive their Legend of Dragoon Franchise

lindbergh

Reaction score
Square has had much success with their Final Fantasy franchise on Nintendo and triumphantly carried it over to the PlayStation with the advent of FFVII. Sony decided to try the waters by releasing a RPG of its own in the form of Legend of Dragoon.
maxresdefault.jpg

The game was so similar to Final Fantasy VII. It had CGI cutscenes, turn-based battles, 3D characters on pre-rendered backgrounds, and a nice story. The plot even features one of the main characters dying at a certain point in the game (just like FFVII!).
Light_moment_in_Bale.jpg

The unique thing about Legend of Dragoon is that it featured transformations by the heroes during battle. They were able to transform into Dragoons wherein they could dish out stronger attacks and special skills while in the Dragoon state. Though it was a copycat of Square's prized franchise, it was actually quite good. It's just unfortunate that it was released just before FFVIII which everyone was saving their money for which resulted into poor sales. But wouldn't it be great if Sony would revive this franchise?

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
There are actually some rumors about a remake, but they are just that... rumors, so I don't know how much we could trust them! I heard of this game, but when it first came out I wasn't really into RPG so I never tried it. I hope in a remake so I can properly enjoy it, since it looks pretty interesting.

lindbergh

Reaction score
There are actually some rumors about a remake, but they are just that... rumors, so I don't know how much we could trust them! I heard of this game, but when it first came out I wasn't really into RPG so I never tried it. I hope in a remake so I can properly enjoy it, since it looks pretty interesting.
If the rumors don't come from Sony, then there's no hope. Do you notice the decline in JRPGs nowadays? Are people more into western style RPGs now? Correct me if I'm wrong, I think Sony hasn't released a JRPG game in awhile.

With the remake of FFVII coming up and the positive reaction from fans, I think Sony should follow and come up with their big remake as well.