• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

So, what did you think of Timeless Isle?

Zyni

Reaction score
Do you like that more sandbox-y type of gameplay where you can kind of run around and do what you want or do you prefer a "guided" experience? I thought it was kind of interesting at first, since it was new. I've never been a big fan of super linear questing and such, so a bit more freedom can be fun.

I don't think the Isle was big enough or developed enough to sustain itself for what turned out to be nearly a year long though. I'm sure they'll continue to build on the idea.

Your thoughts?

Skan123

Reaction score
It was fun, no doubt. I prefer to do all of my quests and get BGs out of my system before going to a sandbox gameplay. I loved the TI because I could do anything, and I love saving up for different things so it worked out.

Pudge

Reaction score
I thought it was a great idea and I had lots of fun with it. What irks me a bit is that players are always complaining about the lack of world PvP and as soon as they get an opportunity to do just that (while also earning rewards), they can't stop whining about getting ganked a few times. I got an incredible amount of messages about how I should mind my own business instead of killing them, sooo annoying. I mean, it's a PvP server, right?

tournique

Reaction score
It was pretty fun. I loved the activities and the pvp idea as well. Frog farming was a drag though, pretty boring.

gadin210

Reaction score
I love the timeless Isle. The place is great for grinding for items and coins. The quest line is quite fun too!

Bluesman

Reaction score
I really liked Timeless Isle... at firt. I mean it was great for someone, like me, who started playing halfway trough expansion... but later one, with all the grinding and stuff it became really boring and basiclly everything that is the worst in WoW.

JaiGuru

Reaction score
I had a lot of fun on the Timeless Isles. I thought the multi tap enemy mechanic was a very long time coming. As a melee player, I can't even tell you how many times I've leapt to attack an enemy, only to have it tagged my some caster or ranged who knew point blank what they were doing. I got the aggro, they got the credit.

I also loved how this organic group play mechanic grew around the boss battles. People calling out when something was up and a cavalry of eager players charging around the island; it was all great fun to me! My only real complaint is that things were tuned just a bit too hard. It was silly how often I died there even in proper purples and not just the welfare gear that dropped there.

Zyni

Reaction score
I thought it was fun at first. I'm always up for something new, and I liked that it was a bit of a challenge if there weren't tons of people around to help you kill stuff. The mobs actually had mechanics. It was a learning curve for some, especially if they were just used to blowing stuff up, because they were geared.

It was also a great place for leveling. You could swim part way and corpse run the rest.. You got big XP for killing stuff when you weren't max level. I did a lot of grinding of those worms on toons that I wanted to finish leveling when I got burned out on questing.