• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Slash's Quickie Review- Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

Slash

Reaction score
Want a storyline? Ghost Recon: Future Soldier has a storyline. A great one at that. Want a really large array of weapons? FS has that covered, really covered.

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier is the third game in Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Series. While critics say the game was rushed, I may have to disagree. The plot of the game is pretty interesting, and the in-game achievements you can get are pretty useful. The game's graphics are pretty good, but aren't great, but still, they aren't worse than "Thor: God of Thunder." The game itself is pretty enjoyable though.

Now, you've heard me rave about the game's storyline. Here it is:

You start out as a regular soldier, who's on a mission to detonate a bomb. After you take out a few guys, you enter a truck where the bomb is. You get blown up and knocked unconscious, even though people think you die. Once you wake up, you're in a group known as the "Ghosts." The Ghosts consist of people named Pepper, Ghost Lead, 30K, and you (Kozak).
You have to receive intelligence from a case that keeps switching from place to place to place to place, which if you get, it seems another Ghost Recon will come out. Yes, after Blacklist people...

Seems pretty plain right? I didn't do a good job explaining, but at least try it out.

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier also has a guerrilla mode. It's just the standard guerrilla. Waves of enemies shooting at you. But, it's not really a good guerrilla. It's really plain and nothing else. Just shooting guys and sniping them. What fun, don't we have CoD for that?

Okay, here's some bad news. The game has a very distinct difficulty range. The easiest "Recruit" is almost impossible to die on because your teammates always heal you. Future Soldier's Guerrilla mode is also one to forget easily. It's just shooting guys...

Overall, Tom Clancy did a good job with this. It obviously wasn't rushed like people said, but it could've been better.

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier gets an 8/10.

Slash

Reaction score
Thank you. I just got the game. I may review NCAA Football '13 when I get it or Mass Effect 2.

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
I played Ghost recon at a friends house, it's pretty good

Slash

Reaction score
Toxique said:
I played Ghost recon at a friends house, it's pretty good

Yeah, it's a great game, but I think Tom Clancy could've done better.