• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Seven days free of game time on WoW

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
Cool worked for me xD
U5e5TnB.png

I just ran out of time today too. Good thing I saw this before I bought more time :)

Thomas Hall

Reaction score
I may give this a go and see how it works out, most of these games are free if playing online and can cost money if downloading depending on which game version it is. I have seen what other people have had to say on the website link, it appears it may be for people who live in Europe and can get access there. It should have been worldwide,blizzard could have made it easier for others to get access to the game and download it easier as most people have had problems. I don't think it will work on my computer may come up with errors or say virus in the program and refuse to do it.

GlacialDoom

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the heads-up! I was about to renew my subscription, but now I can postpone it a bit. I made sure to tell all my friends about this.

Dana

Reaction score
That's the thing why I don't really want to join. I have a horrible feeling that once I sign up for the free trial, I'm going to get hooked on the site and want to keep playing. It's just so expensive to buy more time on the site. I'm waiting around to see if there is going to be a sale on it any time soon, but I doubt it. Even then I'll just have to buy more time eventually, which will probably be at the regular price once I get hooked.

Aree Wongwanlee

Reaction score
Tried it. Didn't work for my account. Apparently my account had already used up its allocation of free time. I can't even remember when that was.

@Dana. Don't be scared of getting hooked to the game. It's a great game. I know because I have been playing it for years. There's so much to explore in the game. It's not all about raiding and fighting. Sometimes, when I want to take a break from all the violence and mayhem, I just go off fishing somewhere. Or just sit on a hilltop and chat with a friend ingame.

Brady2121

Reaction score
Tried it. Didn't work for my account. Apparently my account had already used up its allocation of free time. I can't even remember when that was.

@Dana. Don't be scared of getting hooked to the game. It's a great game. I know because I have been playing it for years. There's so much to explore in the game. It's not all about raiding and fighting. Sometimes, when I want to take a break from all the violence and mayhem, I just go off fishing somewhere. Or just sit on a hilltop and chat with a friend ingame.

I too have used up my free game time. I guess I'll just have to subscribe! ;)

Aree Wongwanlee

Reaction score
I too have used up my free game time. I guess I'll just have to subscribe! ;)

Good idea. For some people, the subscription may seem excessive, especially those who are used to playing for free. Still, if we look at this from the opportunity cost point of view, it does not seem to be much. Seriously, what else can you do with that sum of money? Have a good dinner? Probably. But only one good dinner. Whereas with the subscription you get a whole month's worth of game time. I call that money well spent.

Skan123

Reaction score
I used it, but I only played for a day. WoW just doesn't have the same addictive factor that it used to for me.

Blue Betta

Reaction score
That sounds like a good promotion. I have a friend who was really into WoW for awhile and is thinking about getting back into it; I'll have to show him this.
A friend got me to try WoW back in 2008. I tried it, but I found the "get and bring back" quests kind of annoying, and I didn't play for very long. I think I may give it another chance. I've heard that they've changed and added some new stuff in the last eight years, and I'd like to give it another go.

Steamroller

Reaction score
Yeah, I also tried WoW through this promotion, 7 days is enough to reach high level. It wasn't as exciting as expected I'm afraid. I grow up from MMORPGs I think, they just doesn't appeal to me.

Ipa07

Reaction score
Worked for me too. I played WoW last time in 2010. I stopped playing because all my friends stopped playing. Now, when I saw that you can play WoW for free I decided to try it.

Deen

Reaction score
Wow, guess I am late to the party. I saw this is a 2014 thread but let me check to see if I can get access. Thank you op.

BrokenDownFlier

Reaction score
It's really too bad I couldn't use this because I wanted to see what they've changed since 6.0 when I last logged in but I'm not wanting to fork over for a sub if I'm not going to stay the full month. I've heard some about Timewalking and I'm not sure if I'd like it or not. I last logged out in Pandaria at the farm we had to work for the faction so no idea where I'd end up. Maybe someone can better explain TW and how it affects old accounts like mine. Google searching has too many results for me to filter through.

I just went through my old email associated with my Blizzard account and realized there were like 12 messages supposedly from them about free game time but all contained links to non-Blizzard sites so I guess if I ever got the email for this promo, I dismissed it as an attempt to hijack my account. Now if they'd only offer a new code...

Zyni

Reaction score
Yeah, I'd take a peek at the new stuff if I got another 7 day free offer. I did use mine last expansion, but I don't think I've received any this time around. I'll use it if I get one though. Actually, I should go check my email (I rarely check that one).

You know that you can log on and use your veteran account, right @BrokenDownFlier ? You can play on any toon that's below level 20 (within certain restrictions of course, like no AH, can only own ten gold on that toon, etc). It might be worth logging in to have a look around or talk to people if you can find someone friendly to chat with. Maybe you'll see some familiar faces when you login and you can ask some questions about the TW stuff.

BrokenDownFlier

Reaction score
That's just it, my veteran account was on max number of toons and all were at least level 40 with 2 of them at 90--the old max during Pandaria. I know my main is still in the guild I used to be part of and that at least 3 people still play from that guild. I'm just a cheapskate waiting and hoping for another 7 day free offer. I've been playing Rift so that keeps the MMORPG bug from biting but I'd still like to check out some of the new WoW content to see if all the gripes are even legit or just from people who hated change as much as I did yet didn't unsub and find something else do to.

One of the things I did hear about was how easy it was supposed to be to make coin on WoW so that people can buy monthly sub tokens with about a week's worth of play so that'd be nice if it was true.

Zyni

Reaction score
Oh, I see. Yeah, mine is almost maxed out too, and you can't delete any to make more room. Most of my lowbies are close to 20, so I won't be able to play much any more. I also have a separate starter trial account that one of my kids started up (but doesn't still play). I guess I'll fill that one up with lowbies if I get the bug to play. I really do miss it.

Yeah, I look at the forums from time to time, even though I can't post without a sub. I've seen lots of complaints, but like you said, they keep giving them money anyway. There is no real motivation for them to change anything if people keep paying for the "content" they are putting out.

valy

Reaction score
Oh, I ma so sorry i have miseed this out. I like to play World of Warcraft from time to time, and if a promotion would be available I would sure play it!
I hit myelf of some bugs in this game and World of Warcraft may not be the great savior, but it's certainly the most solid one to come out in a long time.

Zyni

Reaction score
One of the things I did hear about was how easy it was supposed to be to make coin on WoW so that people can buy monthly sub tokens with about a week's worth of play so that'd be nice if it was true.

Yeah, I've heard that as well. I also heard the price of tokens has skyrocketed. If I could make enough gold in that free week to pay for a month, I'd give it a go. As it stands, I'm a bit flustered about the legacy thing. I really don't want to give them any cash now because of it. If they decide to go forward with that, I'll be happy to give them some money. I bought the game once, but I'd even buy it all over again to be able to play old school.