• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Recruiting members

Jamie

Reaction score
How do you go about recruiting members to your clan/guild? Do you hold tryouts, or just let anyone in?

Alanmwp

Reaction score
Some people do so. Usually in the beginning if one is starting to build a clan, anyone can join. You should at least have a feel for those people you want to be in your clan. You should be able to build from there. Out of curiosity what games where to trying to build a clan in?

Zyni

Reaction score
We started ours with a small group of friends and went from there. At the time, you needed 10 people to sign the charter. Those ten were our founding members all of whom we had played with before in another guild that had become defunct. Many other members from the old guild started showing up too.

Our best source of recruitment was hosting PuG raids (pick up group, for those who don't know) on weekends. We'd mostly run our alts, and we'd invite other people from the server. If they enjoyed playing with us, did well, and got on with everyone, we'd extend an invitation.

We also had a recruitment page on our website.

valy

Reaction score
Hy Jamie, the answer to your question is very complicated but i will try to answer as simple as possible. If you need recruiting new members for your clan, you must check and find quality members, those who have the same goal with your clan who will be loial and protect you. You should hold tryouts, to recruit a good and loial members who will fit in your clan. If you will accept anyone you may get surprised that some of your new members will not follow your clan rules and will not provide you protection, they don't fit in your clan and you will risk to lose your laial members as well.. The choice is up to you what method you will choose to built your clan because you are the Clan leader.

Zyni

Reaction score
That's a good point. Potential members should have similar goals to your current members. Otherwise, there can be issues.

I think it's also important, at least in a "gear treadmill" type of game, that potential members are comparably geared. If you invite under-geared people, the current member feels obligated to help them gear up for better power. It can create resentment. They've already done the work for their toons, so they don't want a constant stream of new people who need helping doing the same work over again.

Experience goes the same way. If you invite newbs into a dedicated team, you'll likely see some people get angry and some will even leave. They want to progress, not hold other people's hands.

Ash

Reaction score
When I used to play Clash of Clans, I had a clan that I ran with my friends on there. We usually just posted in the Global Chat, looking for any players that were looking to join a clan. We would then look at their profile and if their account was good enough, we would accept them into the clan. There wasn't really any other way to see if they were except looking at their base and their upgraded troops. Once they were in the clan, we would look at battling another clan. Depending on how well they do in a few different battles, we decide to keep them or to kick them out of the clan. This was a constant loop until we found a few good players to keep in our clan.

I know a lot of people tend to start online websites or threads looking for clan members but I find it to be sometimes better to just look for people yourself in game

Pink_Turtle

Reaction score
I just make clans with my cousins! and some friends too! the point is to have fun not to exclude anyone because they are not as good as some others. I would accept anyone as long as they follow the rules and respect everyone.

ballyhara

Reaction score
We started ours with a small group of friends and went from there. At the time, you needed 10 people to sign the charter. Those ten were our founding members all of whom we had played with before in another guild that had become defunct. Many other members from the old guild started showing up too.

Our best source of recruitment was hosting PuG raids (pick up group, for those who don't know) on weekends. We'd mostly run our alts, and we'd invite other people from the server. If they enjoyed playing with us, did well, and got on with everyone, we'd extend an invitation.

We also had a recruitment page on our website.
Usually that is the way I started joining on clans, a group of friends decide to make one and you join them, and also yes, when the clan is starting the recruitment is open to anybody. Then after a while, the runner of it decides to make tournaments, tests or tryouts to pick up the new members.That way, you can make sure the member will have what you are looking for. And starting from there is up to you to stay inside, by following the rules, achieving goals, earning points, just proving you deserve to be on it.