• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Recreating FTL: Faster Than Light

Osiris Lord Of Memes

Reaction score
So recently i had the idea of recreating the game FTL: Faster Than Light, in a 3D landscape and on UE4 (Unreal Engine). The only real change to it would be everything would be in 3D as well as possibly having a function for when boarding or pushing back an enemy boarding party to being able to switch to first person and take control of any one of your crew members, allowing for players to get more immersed in the gameplay. This would also extend to being able to walk around the ship after battles in first person helping put out fires and repairing systems. You could still at any point pause and switch back to the 3rd person overview of the ship.

Now I am more focused on doing this than the commando game (still will probably do the commando game) but the only problem is that I am not that good at modeling. So I was wondering if anyone wanted to on their free time to help recreate a couple ships and possibly some of the characters. I am probably going to go out to other sites to get help, but i figured I'd see if anyone here would be interested.

Miles

Reaction score
While I have no experience creating a game, I do have a similar idea as you do. I always wanted a space RTS that let's you control a fleet, then a ship, and finally a fighter or a single personal. Anyhow, while I have no physical things I can offer, I wish you the best of luck!

Mace

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What an original idea that isn't based on anything at all.

Scotty

The One and Only
Premium
Reaction score
While I have no experience creating a game, I do have a similar idea as you do. I always wanted a space RTS that let's you control a fleet, then a ship, and finally a fighter or a single personal. Anyhow, while I have no physical things I can offer, I wish you the best of luck!
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek:_Conquest
Star Trek: Armada

Gen

IM Super Admin
Reaction score
This is very impressive very nice work by all

Osiris Lord Of Memes

Reaction score
To answer everything, yes this is a thing, not ever going to be finished anytime soon and is going to be a fun project honestly.

Not Sag

CW Super Admin
Reaction score
Is this still currently undergoing dev work? It seems like it could make a cool game.