• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Rapper

Corzhens

Reaction score
Who is the most popular rapper nowadays? Black Eyed Peas used to conquer the airlanes with their rap songs but it seems that they are out of touch lately. Or maybe I am out of touch myself? I regularly listen to the radio in my car although rap is not my favorite genre because I prefer soft music. I only asked about the popular rapper now because some youngsters are making fun of my ignorance.

tiasmai

Reaction score
I would say Drake. Did you see how many Billboard Music Awards he scored last night.... 13. That's a record. That guy is killing it right now! He can sing and rap. He has the entire package. Drake is very cute and he certainly has the ladies going crazy. That epic performance he did last night from the Bellagio fountain was beautiful. I heard that the only other person to do that was Britney Spears. Big -ums to Drake. He has his clothing line and his own label as well. He's doing a lot at such a young age. His upbringing in Canada is a unique story and his dad is a character.

Sino989

Reaction score
Well, obviously the most known rappers to this day are Lil Wayne, Eminem, and Drake. I'm sure there's more but those three are by far the most known rappers around today.

Inqogn1to

Reaction score
I only listen to old school rap because I find more meaning and lyrical content in it. Today's rap music is not hiphop at all in my opinion. Mainly pointless "mumble rap", autotuning and material/ego tripping crap, that just makes the listeners ignorant and stupid.

SimplyD

Reaction score
Who is the most popular rapper nowadays? Black Eyed Peas used to conquer the airlanes with their rap songs but it seems that they are out of touch lately. Or maybe I am out of touch myself? I regularly listen to the radio in my car although rap is not my favorite genre because I prefer soft music. I only asked about the popular rapper now because some youngsters are making fun of my ignorance.

Just like you, it's only Apple D App of Black Eyed Peas and the Black Eyed Peas, that I know of. Although, there are local ones here that I know and like. But I do like raps. Especially when the background music is nice, it makes me love the rapping. One local rapper I very much like is Andrew E. Although, his raps can sometimes have double meanings. he he he

Eli Maximilien

Reaction score
While Drake enjoys the most commercial success out of any rapper in the post 2010 era of hip-hop, there are a lot of other great acts. It's also important to note that Drake is a pop star as well. If you're looking for pure rap lyricists, Kendrick Lamar and J.Cole have the attention of the entire hip-hop community. Love them or hate them, every time these two gear up to drop an album they have the attention of the entire community.

If you're looking for other great lyricists try Logic, Joey Badass, Asap Rocky, Schoolboy Q, Tyler the Creator, Earl Sweatshirt, Flatbush Zombies, or Chance the Rapper. There are many others, but these are just a few.

Hip-Hop continues to grow and evolve. It's nowhere near its apex.