• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

RAGE or RAGE QUIT: Have you done this?

m33kuh

Reaction score
There are probably some moments on our gaming times wherein we can't really expect ourselves to just rage and scream or probably rage quit. I myself have done this quite a few times back in the day. There are a lot of reasons though but the major reason I would say is probably losing a game. Specially when at the beginning of the game you are already winning or owning or have the advantage, but yet at some point, you lose for a couple of reasons.

Although this is subjective and depends also on what kind of game.
Dark Soul players where you at!? :D

Last edited:

SeanP

Reaction score
I don't get nearly as mad as I used to. The Call Of Duty games, especially the multiplayer, used to absolutely enrage me! I would constantly quit, or "dashboard out" when I was doing poorly in a game. I think the emphasis on stats is part of what drove me off the wall; I am a naturally competitive person, so the quantification of my ability really pushed me to playing as good as I could. When I inevitably had bad games, rage ensued.

Because I don't have as much time to game anymore, I stop playing a game if it enrages me. Because of this, I miss out on some hard but awesome games like the Souls series. I like what I have played, but I simply don't have the patience and drive to make it through anymore.

TsuyoyRival

Reaction score
Of course, i did it many times, but not anymore because i understood how this type of behaviour is bad for the game and online community. Sometimes it happens when you least expect it, but I'm sure it's better to just a deep breath and endure, you might win the game from changing this mentality.

m33kuh

Reaction score
I don't get nearly as mad as I used to. The Call Of Duty games, especially the multiplayer, used to absolutely enrage me! I would constantly quit, or "dashboard out" when I was doing poorly in a game. I think the emphasis on stats is part of what drove me off the wall; I am a naturally competitive person, so the quantification of my ability really pushed me to playing as good as I could. When I inevitably had bad games, rage ensued.

Because I don't have as much time to game anymore, I stop playing a game if it enrages me. Because of this, I miss out on some hard but awesome games like the Souls series. I like what I have played, but I simply don't have the patience and drive to make it through anymore.
Definitely have those moments and it sucks big time! Same for me too though. I don't have the luxury of time anymore not like before. I play Dota 2 sometimes and I will just rage in chat and sometimes just ignore because whatever rage I do, it won't help a thing or two. But God I love to rage.

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
I just did a rage quit, lol. I was playing The End is Nigh, the new game from Edmund McMillen - creator of that hellish platformer called Super Meat Boy. The game by itself it's hard, and there are some secret areas even harder. In some of those you have limited lives. Well... I was about to finish one of said secret areas, but since I mentioned a rage quit you can easily guess how it ended...

arachnophobik

Reaction score
I have raged and raged quitted a couple of times in games. I think the latest one I've had was in Hyper Dragon Ball Z where I found it extremely hard to beat the Vegeta and Frieza duo. I literally tried for around an hour or more and never even got close to beating any single one of them. I just told myself to hell with it, closed the game, and watched a comedy movie to take my mind off anger.

Gladdy

Reaction score
Yeah... I have. It always happens at Dark Souls games and Bloodborne. Those two games... holy. It really tests your patience because some of the bosses are so ridiculous. They have 10-meter attack range, they teleport around and hit like a truck. The most frustrating thing is when you have a really high amount of souls/bloods and then you die to some monster and lose all. That's a big rage quit moment for me :)

One time I remember, I was doing a Dark Souls 2 boss and it was literally ONE hit from being dead and I died. I think I didn't turn the game on for around two weeks.

Hux

Head Forum Admin
Reaction score
To this day, I still rage and quit pretty badly haha. Mostly in Battlegrounds when I'm in the last 10 alive and somebody kills me from behind. Think I'll always be that type of gamer.

Soulwatcher

Reaction score
I use to rage quit in my younger years and I am not proud but I use to break my keyboard every time I raged quit. I bet I broke 30~40 keyboard from rage quitting. I would smash the keyboards with my fist until the keys went flying. I use to keep 2 or 3 spare keyboards at all times. I am sure glad that I outgrew breaking keyboards. Now I just turn off the PC or Playstation and do something else.

yunken

Reaction score
Of course I do experience those moments, most especially when I'm playing football and I am constantly loosing. I use to kept mute and hold myself together to avoid saying or doing something bad, or something that both of us might not like.

DenisHero

Reaction score
Rage quit almost all the time:)
However,I didnt smash things-maybe I was controlling myself even in those moments.
No one,or few people,cannot get at least nervous for not passing a level or not succed a mission.
I have the feeling I am the most terrible player,and only wasted time playing.

Neiltarquin

Reaction score
I guess this doesn't happened to me now because I'm not into FPS. If I can't win in versus games like Morral Combat, Street Fighter and the likes, I would just leave my friends hangin and I'd walk out. They still tease me about that till now hahaha.

TheArticulate

Reaction score
I would get upset at times at games, and I never called it rage quitting, but rather taking a breather. If I'm stuck on a level or things have me frustrated, I'll just walk away for a while and come back to it with a fresh outlook. I've quit games on League of Legends before due to abusive team members, though. I usually do my best to power through games with toxic players and even mute people as soon as I think they'll be an issue, but if they begin trolling or purposefully trying to lose the game for us, I might just leave the game. After all, games are meant to be played to have fun, and if I'm not having fun, then why waste my time in that game?

fishmonk

Reaction score
Sometimes I will just abandon a game and rest for a while if I fail to clear certain stages of the game. I am not a person who rages as I think it's pointless getting angry over a game since some things are just not within your control.

Blaine019

Reaction score
I believe every true gamer raged or raged quit. I am proud to say that I have overcome the stage of rage quitting in my gaming life. I still rage sometimes though but I try to be calm because raging does not make the situation better.

amine erraji

Reaction score
i remeber one time i rage quit from a game called sald and sanctuary a souls game, almost broke my controller i was dying from falling damage like 12 times in a row i hated that game for a while but now all good, while am playing i don't rage it's just a game some people don't understand that they just rage for no reason. i always laugh at them so funny xD.

Jameson

Reaction score
I agree with everyone,that sometimes games can be quite frustrating.When I find myself trying too hard, I just take a breather and get back to the game when my mind is clear.

Inqogn1to

Reaction score
In battlefield 4 I have 15% quits in my stats on one account, and on the second one I got around 25%. Now not all of those are ragequits but a big percentage are ha ha :). I rarely find myself ragequitting in other games I play though.

m33kuh

Reaction score
I just did a rage quit, lol. I was playing The End is Nigh, the new game from Edmund McMillen - creator of that hellish platformer called Super Meat Boy. The game by itself it's hard, and there are some secret areas even harder. In some of those you have limited lives. Well... I was about to finish one of said secret areas, but since I mentioned a rage quit you can easily guess how it ended...
Ahaha. Sorry man rage happens I guess. I really hate those kinds of games who have limited lives. I mean sure it makes it more challenging but there should be another mode or something, a way to disable limited lives. Lol. But I guess that's just how it is. :D
Cheers on your rage m8!

JaiGuru

Reaction score
I used to rage quit from Black Ops 2 all the time. I got to sick of crappy kills. People would just pop around corners and spray aimlessly and you'd get popped in transit. The worst was when their broken lag compensation code was in-play and you get killed when no one is around. I'd get so mad and yell "Them bullets going around corners again, huh?". I'm sure it would have been hilarious to watch me getting mad but it wasn't fun at the time.