• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Powerlifting

Jog

Community Supervisor
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone here does it, but I personally do this for my workouts.

Powerlifting is essentially three different movements all targeting a specific portion of body.

Squat: Focuses on quadriceps

Deadlift: Focuses on nothing specific, but does tend to use more of Hamstring and Lower Back

Bench Press: Uses Shoulders, Triceps, and Pectoral muscles

When I train I usually focus on a mix of strength training with weights/cables, one of these exercises and then always a form of cardio (Stair mill usually)

If you do workout and try these list your PR's below.

~~~~~~~

My PR's:

Squat: Don't do that often as hurts knees.

Deadlift: 315 lbs

Bench Press: 185 lbs

Korjak

Reaction score
Keep up the good work Jog, I see your improvements. Try to do squat at a lower weight so that your kness can be adjusted to it. You should be feeling most stress in your quads and hamstrings.

Remember to always have good form over then having high weight.

Maybe one day you'll be bigger than me ;)

Jog

Community Supervisor
Reaction score
Keep up the good work Jog, I see your improvements. Try to do squat at a lower weight so that your kness can be adjusted to it. You should be feeling most stress in your quads and hamstrings.

Remember to always have good form over then having high weight.

Maybe one day you'll be bigger than me ;)

Besides the knees, fucking hurts the traps as you get up to 225

Korjak

Reaction score
Besides the knees, fucking hurts the traps as you get up to 225

youre doing them wrong cause the bar should be like on the top of your back not your shoulders

Jog

Community Supervisor
Reaction score
youre doing them wrong cause the bar should be like on the top of your back not your shoulders
its not on shoulders. It's like the area right above lats, but it kinda feels like traps.

Jog

Community Supervisor
Reaction score
Quick Update:

Deadlift will try and PR this weekend and squats I'm not even going to try anymore. Failed one in the gym and missed the safety catch (embarrassing af). So I'm sticking with my Leg Presses/Extensions/Stair Mill as my quad workout.

GG squat 2017-2017

tiasmai

Reaction score
From a female prospective, guys please don't do so much to where you have a huge football neck and you are taking enhancements. I really don't know too many women who dig that. If its just because that's what you like and wanna do them that's a good reason. Doing to to impress that ladies will not work most of the time. Just thought I'd put that out there. Its good to be fit and keep your body up for any reason. I'm happy to be on this forum and if someone replies I'm not being harsh. It's just a thought.