• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Platformers?

Darius

Reaction score
has anyone on Android found any really good platformers out there? I love em but I can never find a good one. Any finds would be much appreciated. Preferably on the Google play store.

Squigly

Reaction score
Stealth Bastard Deluxe is a great platformer, not sure if it's on Google play though (got the apk. from HumbleBundle)

Ridge

Reaction score
I can't find a platformer that feels right on a touchscreen either. The genre just seems made for a Dpad.

overcast

Reaction score
There are some of the PC emulators on Android. Which can let you play the console and PC platformers on the Android. You can play zelda type games on the Android tablet or the smartphone like this. As of now I didn't find any good platformer games worth sharing. Though there are some out there which are mostly paid games.

Clara1993

Reaction score
I'm going to recommand you two android platform, the first one is Downwell with this one you continue to drop down until you comportthe level it's only $3 to get it on okay store; Another platform I would recommand is Gamestart It's an arcade type and is free.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
I usually play my mobile platformers via Gameboy emulator. I've never played a platformer that I liked in Android, everything just felt too casual for me, that or maybe I just haven't found the right game yet. I think it would be hard without a gamepad to as you wouldn't get the actual feel on the controls, so I suggest you get a cheap Android gamepad. I got mine for 10 dollars and it can already connect to PC and registers as an Xbox controller even if it isn't.

hermessantos

Reaction score
Stealth Bastard Deluxe is a great platformer, not sure if it's on Google play though (got the apk. from HumbleBundle)
I'm also not sure if it's possible to find it in the playstore, but I also confess this is an excellent platform.

Okaviator

Reaction score
There are some of the PC emulators on Android. Which can let you play the console and PC platformers on the Android. You can play zelda type games on the Android tablet or the smartphone like this. As of now I didn't find any good platformer games worth sharing. Though there are some out there which are mostly paid games.
This is what I decided to do afternoon I found hardly any good android platforms. I would definitely recommend doing this for anyone that is looking for any good platform Wars that they can play on an android device.

overcast

Reaction score
This is what I decided to do afternoon I found hardly any good android platforms. I would definitely recommend doing this for anyone that is looking for any good platform Wars that they can play on an android device.
Another option I can recommend is go with the Japanese RPG apps or the platformer apps. I have seen plenty of Chinese and Japanese apps. They can work just fine. You have to get comfortable with those set of apps. As you can see that platformer games on Android are mostly supported with ads. So it's not hard to find free one among them.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
wait WHAT!? I didn't know there's PC emulators out for Android now. Can you recommend a good one? So far I've only known that there are console emulators but I didn't think it could emulate as far as a PC. If I remember correctly, the emulation rule is that the device must have at least 4x the processing power of the device being emulated? I'm not entirely sure of this though, I'm just really shocked that we're this far off in emulation now.