• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Question Platform section

Status
Not open for further replies.

NecroWolf

Reaction score
Unless I am missing something why are all the games under the platform section not platform games?

Sylar

General Manager
Reaction score
Hello @NecroWolf

I can definitely agree with you, the "Platform Games" is a bit misleading. Personally I have always questioned if the title was actually suited for the content. Unfortunately, I don't think any one title fits this section.

The course of action that I think would probably work best is a re-arranging of the nodes, and the renaming of this specific node to fit exactly what games are housed under the node. Thoughts?

@Jordan

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
I'm not sure I follow?

The nodes are as follows:
Gaming Platforms - Lists all the platforms you are able to play games on. Essentially the consoles. This area is to talk specifically about those consoles. Not about the games that are on the consoles.
Platform Games - This area is where one would discuss the games. It also has several sub forums for popular games. General gaming threads would normally fall under the main category here.
OtgPcPq.png

I know it is confusing at times, and I am still trying to find a better way to set it up, or better naming approach.\

To show what I mean, this is the "Playstation" section in the Gaming Platforms:
2Q7fUHn.png

The Diablo 3 thread should be moved into the "Platform Games" section. As it is a game for many consoles and is not a thread specifically about the Playstation.

An easy fix might be to rename the "Gaming Platforms" to "consoles". However, I did not want to do that because it can contain sections such as the "PC" which is not a console. With that said, they are still platforms you play games on.

Status
Not open for further replies.