• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

PC vs Console

Hidden308

Reaction score
Do you think sooner or later everything will simply just be PC instead of consoles? Simply because everything is usually more fun and much better on the PC for gaming than console. What do you think?

Giorgios

Reaction score
I'm going to have to say Console. PC Gaming tends to be more tedious. Reason I say this is because you constantly have to upgrade your computer for all the great games, and you spend more money then you would on console gaming.

Joshuak

Reaction score
Well I prefer Console gaming over Pc gaming anyway because using the mouse and keyboard is hard for some games. I know you can buy joypads but I just like gaming on my console.

Sylar

General Manager
Reaction score
Do you think sooner or later everything will simply just be PC instead of consoles? Simply because everything is usually more fun and much better on the PC for gaming than console. What do you think?
That's quite a definitive statement. "Simply because everything is usually more fun and much better on the PC for gaming than console." What proof to you have for this? Has there been some kind of study I'm not aware of that has proven this? I'd love to know!

My opinion is, there's a middle ground. I love the PC game I play quite a bit (SWTOR), but I also love playing my console games(Call of Duty, Halo, etc.). To be honest, both types of gaming have their ups and downs. I wouldn't have one replacing the other any time soon ;)

Bricksan

Reaction score
I prefer consoles I use my PC for relaxing online and work only.

Demon_skeith

Reaction score
I rather have consoles, since the PC lacks good gaming controllers.

dap1900

Reaction score
I will stick with the PC. I have used PC since I was little. PC gaming is way easier than Consoles.

TheArticulate

Reaction score
I will stick with the PC. I have used PC since I was little. PC gaming is way easier than Consoles.

Not mention with the addition of Steam, gaming communities on the PC have the potential to be incredible. Not to mention the fact that Steam runs ridiculous sales periodically.

Jonathan Solomon

Reaction score
I grew up always having a console in my house (or having a neighbor with a console). My earliest gaming memories were playing Mario Kart Double Dash with my parents on a Gamecube. Up until age 13-14, I was an avid console user. Since late 14/early 15 years of age, I have been behind a computer. I've been PC gaming for so long, last time I touched a console controller it felt so foreign:tearsofjoy:. It was at this moment I realized how much I've been involved with PC gaming over the years. I can't quite say I see console gaming dying out in the near future. But with PC gaming on the rise, you never know...

Tucker933

Reaction score
It really all depends on how much money you're willing to spend. At a certain price point, PC gaming will always be superior.

Gladdy

Reaction score
I think some games are better when you play them on PC and some are better when you play them on a console.

I doubt that one of them would extinct or something.

Lately I have been enjoying playing on my PS4 more than on my PC though. It is just relaxing when I can lay in my bed. Plus, like somebody mentioned, PC is constant money investing if you want top-notch ones. They make so many new hardware at silly prices. It is impossible to keep up.

With the console you buy it and that's it. You don't have to worry if you will be able to run the latest game with your setup.

FatManX

Reaction score
In my opinion, the PC is superior in most of the aspects. Most games are better when you play them on PC. I mean, the mouse and the keyboard are better than a controller to play games (and you can play on PC with a controller, but you can't play a console with a mouse and a keyboard). Games usually look better on the PC and tend to be cheaper too. You can upgrade your PC's components as often as you like. Even the game exclusives are better! The only downside is that PC's are more expensive than consoles. You only have to spend at most $400 on console + the price of the game you want to play and you're good to go. On the other hand, if you want to build a decent PC you'll need to spend at least $700. And that's if you're looking to build your own PC, which most people either don't know how or simply do not have the patience to do. But in general, a PC's are better than consoles.

Kamarsun1

Reaction score
I would say consoles are here to stay, I was an old PC gamer, and I can see that PC gaming has changed over the years, but Consoles don't have the same type of system requirements that the PC does, if your PC is not up to the speed that the game needs then the game won't even run right, where as a game console is the same on just about any TV you play on.

kovacs

Reaction score
I was like 12 when I last owned a console. Been gaming on the PC exclusively ever since, and never felt like I needed to buy a new console. The PC serves all my gaming needs. While a console is for gaming only, the PC is for basically everything these days, so I think it's more worthwhile. Of course, it's really cool to get together with friends around a console for a night of gaming, pizza and booze - but hey, that only means that one of your friends has to have a console, not you! :p

christopher murray

Reaction score
I think sooner or later pc is going to take over than console why because pc is the most advance tech now than console and will always be.

Sino989

Reaction score
Well, personally I am a console player and so I prefer console but I think PC is better because PC can handle a lot more and so games are able to do a lot more and make the game even better.

camshaq23

Reaction score
I'd go with consoles all the way although with PCs you could play any game of any platform but with consoles you would not have to worry about lag in case your PC has low spec. I have such problems which is why I'd much prefer a console.

Tokami

Reaction score
I don't think that everything will eventually be PC gaming. However, I do have a personal preference for playing games on PC as opposed to console.

The biggest reason being that Microsoft and Sony simply don't produce enough games that I enjoy playing in order to justify getting a console. Not to mention, for their online play you have to pay not only for your own internet but also for their membership and I honestly don't enjoy enough of their games to want to play online. The only game that Microsoft came out with that I wanted to play was Soul Calibur 5, and unfortunately, the game was lackluster and if not for the fact that I got the Xbox as a gift along with Soul Calibur, I probably wouldn't have paid out of pocket for it.

The only console I really stick to is Nintendo because they regularly come out with games that I actually have an interest in playing. I can have a library of at least 10 different games and because I have more than just one reason to use it, I don't feel bad for shelling out money to buy the console.

The reason I stick to PC gaming is that I have a much larger game library because most games, even the older ones, get updated to be able to be played on PC and I don't have to search around for a console that is years old + trying to find the game and hoping that it still works because I probably had to buy it second hand. I can just buy the game from Steam and instantly be able to play it. Not to mention, I can have games from different platforms and when it comes to online play, I don't really have to pay for a membership unless it is already a subscription game like WOW nor is there anything extra that I really need to pay for just for playing the game online. I also tend to take my laptop + controller with me most places and with a console, I wouldn't be able to just tote it around 90% of the places that I go to.