• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Payday 2

Sylar

General Manager
Reaction score
Anyone here play Payday 2? If so what class do you play? Favorite weapon? Favorite mask? Got any DLC?

For a while I was reaaallly into payday 2. I reached infamy 1 and then I just kind of stopped playing. I have most of the dlc, but I just don't really play anymore. I think the main problem is I ran out of friends who played it a lot, so it stopped being as fun. Running with a consistent "crew" just makes the game so much more enjoyable

Martin

Reaction score
So would you say its not worth getting if you would only play it by yourself? I am tempted to get the PS4 edition when that comes out but might not bother if I need a reliable crew to play too.

Sylar

General Manager
Reaction score
So would you say its not worth getting if you would only play it by yourself? I am tempted to get the PS4 edition when that comes out but might not bother if I need a reliable crew to play too.
I mean, some people really enjoy playing it solo. There's actually quite a bit you can do. But the real meat of the game is in team play, and this team play is even better when you have a regular gang you run with. But randoms are fun too, especially when you find some really good ones, and sometimes these randoms can turn into members of your regular crew.

Kino

Reaction score
This is quite an underrated game honestly. I think that the controls are a little wishy washy, along with how the servers are setup. However, overall it is honestly a pretty unique game that we haven't seen on the market before.

Dabstin

Reaction score
I just got into the game recently, and it seems impossible to play with bots, and possible but inconvenient to play with strangers online. So unless I find a group of friends willing to play this game with me, I'll never enjoy this game to its fullest.

Sylar

General Manager
Reaction score
I just got into the game recently, and it seems impossible to play with bots, and possible but inconvenient to play with strangers online. So unless I find a group of friends willing to play this game with me, I'll never enjoy this game to its fullest.
A lot of people have actually quit the game due to the recent update. The microtransactions actually alienated a huge part of the die-hard player community, and now there is a new group of players filling that gap. So right now PUG groups are in kind of a state of disarray while people try to fill the gap that has been left.

Patrick

Reaction score
A lot of people have actually quit the game due to the recent update. The microtransactions actually alienated a huge part of the die-hard player community, and now there is a new group of players filling that gap. So right now PUG groups are in kind of a state of disarray while people try to fill the gap that has been left.
I'm one of the individuals that refuses to play this game until action is taken against the micro-transactions. It's not only the fact that they're Pay to Win micro-transactions that actually help you in game, it's the fact that Overkill stated many times that they'd NEVER bring micro-transactions into Payday 2. I'm sure there's no shortage of funds in Overkill, and if there was they could have found a much better way to raise the funds aside from micro-transactions. I don't think there's any excuse for what they're doing.

Sylar

General Manager
Reaction score
@Patrick I definitely agree with you there. The simple fact is, the company was arrogant and said "We're gonna do what we want, even though we promised we wouldn't". One giant "fuck you!" to the loyal die-hard community that had been with them for so long. Their response to the betrayal only deepened the betrayal, and I don't see them rectifying it any time soon.

lexinonomous

Reaction score
I haven't played Payday 2 in a long, long time. I remember when the first game came out and I played it non stop for hours on end. Both games are great. I enjoy the various scenarios they set up throughout the game. I haven't gotten any DLC, but I wouldn't mind it. It'd be nice to stop playing the same thing over and over.

CemeteryGates23

Reaction score
I've barely played Payday 2, but I put in a few hours into Payday 1. Mostly, I got the game for a bunch of friends and we've never gotten together to play it, so most of the little time I've played on it has been with the random strangers online, but it certainly looks like everything I wished the first game had.
Definitely would love to give it a go, it's an amazing little game, to be sure!

Dabstin

Reaction score

Oh bummer. Pay to win ruins games :/ it's such a shame this game has been infected as well, I didn't know that. Welp, I can't reinstall it again anyway. Ever since some update a few months ago, there's some glitch when downloading this game that takes all my available disk space then tells me I can't download because I don't have disk space. I freed 100 GB and it all got eaten up for some reason. Guess I shouldn't bother anymore.

SerSlavos

Reaction score
Just got it for free on Steam the other day. I had a friend that has been playing Payday2 for a long time, he liked the game very much. I saw him playing one time. It looked like fun. We are planning on trying it out in a few days so I am looking forward to it. I don't know about the masks and stuff but I know that there are a lot of them.

Gladdy

Reaction score
Do people still play this game? If so, how many? How are the players like? Is buying the new DLC's and so on a must if you want good gaming experience?

I've bought this game years ago when it hit its peak in popularity - I still remember that everybody used to play it nonstop, haha. I invested some hours into it back then and I loved it but then they kept releasing new DLC's that cost and I didn't want to spend money so I left the game. Now that I've seen this thread it makes me wonder what state the game is in.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I got Payday 2 for free on Steam a few weeks back when they had a promo. It was completely free for a few days (just the base game though) as a promo I guess for the upcoming sales, in an attempt to sell their numerous - and I mean NUMEROUS - DLCs and other purchases. From new missions, guest stars (?), to new skins; fans of the game have criticized the video game developers of taking advantage of the fans by selling DLCs and making profit for very little work scattered all over expensive DLCs.

TheArticulate

Reaction score
Do people still play this game? If so, how many? How are the players like? Is buying the new DLC's and so on a must if you want good gaming experience?

I've bought this game years ago when it hit its peak in popularity - I still remember that everybody used to play it nonstop, haha. I invested some hours into it back then and I loved it but then they kept releasing new DLC's that cost and I didn't want to spend money so I left the game. Now that I've seen this thread it makes me wonder what state the game is in.
I still play occasionally. I've found the community to be really reasonable. Coming from MOBA communities like League, I've found that Payday doesn't create nearly as much of a competitive atmosphere among people online. DLC's aren't necessary for a good time with the game. That's just how get specific guns, characters, or whatever. Nothing essential to playing, though!

Give me a shout if you want to play sometime!

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I still play occasionally. I've found the community to be really reasonable. Coming from MOBA communities like League, I've found that Payday doesn't create nearly as much of a competitive atmosphere among people online. DLC's aren't necessary for a good time with the game. That's just how get specific guns, characters, or whatever. Nothing essential to playing, though!

Give me a shout if you want to play sometime!
The DLCs are ridiculous. It's like they wrote down anything and everything that they can use use for a profit, and they released them all. I can't trust a company that exploits its dedicated fans like that. I even have a hard time buying Tomb Raider 2013 because you pay for DLCs including ONE GUN for the entire package, ONE COSTUME for a price, etc. I'm not paying money for one item for a single player game. No thanks.

TheArticulate

Reaction score
The DLCs are ridiculous. It's like they wrote down anything and everything that they can use use for a profit, and they released them all. I can't trust a company that exploits its dedicated fans like that. I even have a hard time buying Tomb Raider 2013 because you pay for DLCs including ONE GUN for the entire package, ONE COSTUME for a price, etc. I'm not paying money for one item for a single player game. No thanks.
To each their own! I bought the game on sale and haven't put in any additional money since then for a single DLC, and I've still had a great time putting hours into it and playing with friends.

megaman93

Reaction score
I haven't played this game yet. It does sound really fun though! I know it was free on Steam but alot of people told me it was useless to get it without all the DLC. I didn't have time to play anyway but I wonder how fun it could be.

StolenKid

Reaction score
I got it for free on Steam, I haven't played it but I know it's a good time that worht playing. I don't really know what's the gameplay of it, I know it's a heist FPS game online and that is awesome but I don't know the mechanics of the masks or anything about it.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I got it for free on Steam, I haven't played it but I know it's a good time that worht playing. I don't really know what's the gameplay of it, I know it's a heist FPS game online and that is awesome but I don't know the mechanics of the masks or anything about it.
lmao I just ran it on idle just to get the cards. Don't have plans on seriously playing it anytime soon because I have a lot more games to play. I think the idea is great; stealing from the bank and all that, but I already played a coop game in L4D2 so it's not entirely original for me. And they have insane DLC prices so I'd rather not support game devs who do that kind of thing to their community. I just got the game because it was free and hey, free cards.