• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Pantheon is love, pantheon is life

Pantheon is:

• love

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • life

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • love and life <3

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TsuyoyRival

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I really want to talk about my favorite baker, Pantheon!
Since I started playing him, I started improving my win rate considerably, from 55% to 75%, in about 100 games. I found that tankier champions like Sion, or even a diver like Camille are really hard matchups.
Do you guys have any tips in order to counter these type of champions? I also heard that Rumble is the absolute nemesis of Pantheon in the lane, can someone develop on that?

Thank you for the attention!
pantheon-baker.jpg

Gladdy

Reaction score
Haha, that skin. Can I have a loaf of freshly baked bread sir?

What ELO are you in by the way? Pantheon mostly works well in lower tiers... once you reach platinum and above, people know how to counter you so you become a bit useless. The thing with Pantheon is that he has to get a few kills early on or he falls behind too much.

The reason why Rumble is good versus Pantheon is because he can skill his W up which is his shield so your Q poke becomes useless. Also, you can easily escape with the extra movement speed. But I personally don't play Rumble or Pantheon so there might be more reasons.

TsuyoyRival

Reaction score
I'm gold Elo, so yeah...I'm trying my best to become a good pantheon one trick!
What you said is a very good insight. I watch this Pantheon otp stream, called Keegun, he is Challenger tier in North America. He is always banning Rumble when he can, so that is why i wanted to understand that ban. Thank you for the reply!

Jog

Community Supervisor
Reaction score
I haven't played LoL in about 2 years..... but I would say Pantheon was probably one of the most annoying champions to play against as everyone who picked him did it last to counter someone. In the top lane he would just bruise you with those stuns and spears..... Really fun champ to PLAY AS though :tearsofjoy:

Agh the memories!

Fuzyon

Reaction score
Pantheon is really fun but it's too bad he's not a strong champion in the current meta. I got gifted the Glaive Warrior Pantheon skin a few years ago for being Romanian so I got him for free.

TsuyoyRival

Reaction score
I wish i had a skin for him, i'm saving some extra money for skins, the baker i must buy for sure eheh

Gladdy

Reaction score
I'm gold Elo, so yeah...I'm trying my best to become a good pantheon one trick!
What you said is a very good insight. I watch this Pantheon otp stream, called Keegun, he is Challenger tier in North America. He is always banning Rumble when he can, so that is why i wanted to understand that ban. Thank you for the reply!
Oh! I have never seen Pantheon one trick. How come you picked exactly him with so many other champions? Also how many games played and what win percentage do you have on him?

I am always skeptical about one tricks. Do you just dodge if somebody bans your champion? I could never play the same champion over and over, every game :D

TsuyoyRival

Reaction score
Oh! I have never seen Pantheon one trick. How come you picked exactly him with so many other champions? Also how many games played and what win percentage do you have on him?

I am always skeptical about one tricks. Do you just dodge if somebody bans your champion? I could never play the same champion over and over, every game :D
What you say makes sense, people don't usually enjoy playing just one champion (i was one those people), and I was struggling to do it until I found the true potencial of Pantheon. My win rate is at 65% right now, I'm not always lucky with my teams, but my KDA is about 4, which is okay for me :)
The point of being one trick is improving my gameplay with just one champ, awareness, decision making. If I pick a very high cap champion, I need to focus first on the champion, then on the game, and that doesn't work. I play league seriously for about 1 year, so I need to make sacrifices for elo purposes, and game sense.

I don't dodge games if they pick Pantheon or ban him, I just play Swain, but that just happened to me once, in about 30 games, and they remade the game. How did i found the potencial in Pantheon? Well, check Keegun on op.gg or twitch.tv. He was rank 3 this year at NA server. The way he plays, the build and roaming were fascinating for me, so i needed to try ;)

TheArticulate

Reaction score
I haven't played LoL in about 2 years..... but I would say Pantheon was probably one of the most annoying champions to play against as everyone who picked him did it last to counter someone. In the top lane he would just bruise you with those stuns and spears..... Really fun champ to PLAY AS though :tearsofjoy:

Agh the memories!
As someone who also used to play top lane a lot years ago, I too can attest to how annoying that "point and click" spear was. For me, it made it difficult to farm and counter him unless I was playing someone who could potentially out-trade him early game, such as Gnar or Jayce.

Gladdy

Reaction score
65% win rate on Pantheon is actually pretty good mate! Good job. If you keep your win rate that high, you will definitely climb... it just sucks because it can take a while. You have to grind it through.

Also, @TheArticulate wouldn't the Pantheon run out of mana if he kept spamming his Q? His mana pool isn't that amazing.

TheArticulate

Reaction score
65% win rate on Pantheon is actually pretty good mate! Good job. If you keep your win rate that high, you will definitely climb... it just sucks because it can take a while. You have to grind it through.

Also, @TheArticulate wouldn't the Pantheon run out of mana if he kept spamming his Q? His mana pool isn't that amazing.
Yes, but it sure didn't make it any less annoying!

TsuyoyRival

Reaction score
With the current Doran's shield, tank champions are a real pain versus Pantheon. In this scenario i farm, get items and roam in order to get ahead my teammates, even if i lose my top turret.

Gladdy

Reaction score
With the current Doran's shield, tank champions are a real pain versus Pantheon. In this scenario i farm, get items and roam in order to get ahead my teammates, even if i lose my top turret.
I think that's a good strategy since Pantheon strives from early snowball and early advantages - if you manage to get ahead then they will have a hard time to shut you down. This is also when Pantheon's ult comes very handy. I hate it if I am versus a Pantheon and he suddenly doesn't show up back in the top lane... I just know that he will use ult on the bot lane, kill them and tilt them to oblivion :D

Deathisue

Reaction score
Phanteon is a champion who can be very strong but also very easy to use, currently very strong in the top and jg lines so he is a good pick in the highes elos, highly recommended to play right now.

forumheem

Reaction score
Pantheon is very strong in the early game because of his high burst damage that's why more tanky champions like Sion are strong against him. Pantheon is much weaker in the late game because he can't do as much in team fights as he can do 1vs1. My advice for playing against champions like Sion is to just farm and play passively and after level 6 gank other lanes.

luispas

Reaction score
It happens something funny to me, whenever I have a Panth on my team, we win, but when there's one on the enemy team, I 90% lose hahaha I think it's a really great champion, and it looks so so fun, but I've never had the chance to play it :( His abilities are awesome but I think that it can be a little hard to build because if you have pure damage you will use your ultimate and instantly die after killing just 1 enemy, so you have to be very smart and think when or where to engage or start a teamfight.