• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Paid graphics?

sapett

Reaction score
Has anyone here taken paid graphics requests? What did the project entail? How was the experience?

I have made graphics for a few personal clients in the past. Most of them were repeat clients who came back after the initial request. I didn't make anything more than some signature banners and advertisements for $5-10. I would not consider doing it full time but the experience was good.

Sharon

Reaction score
I spent many months filling graphics requests for free at Proboard's Support Forum. That was a long time ago though. When I first created my forum back in 2005 someone had offered to customize my entire forum and I was completely amazed. I found Proboards support and figured out how to request for images. Eventually I started to dabble into graphic design and before I knew it I was filling requests. I guess it was my way of giving back or rather paying it forward. :)

Zahreah

Reaction score
Graphics Design was a full time job for me for a couple months. Mainly promotional material and the likes but it's the not most exciting job so I quickly got bored and went elsewhere. I've never really purchased graphics though.

Hugop

Reaction score
I used to waste most of my money in graphics for my videos. Not a great experience :(

overcast

Reaction score
I have tried my luck on Fiver. But not a lot of people are coming up. Most of the request coming from people who want to squeeze the designers. And that's not something I want to do to rest of my life. I want to use the service but to some limited context. I think there are some of the other sites where we are paid lot better than fiverr.

valy

Reaction score
I haven't had any paid graphics requests because I didn't joined any sites that would have this option. You got experience Sapett, you should consider working more because you got paid very well and since you had clients for this job you should try to spend more time there, who knows maybe you will like it even more in the future!

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I draw stuff for people online and they're basically a few hour jobs. The buyer describes what they want, you make a draft, you show it to them, you edit what they want until you two reach a common ground. It's about following what they want, doing it quickly enough, and being nice to your clients. It usually goes well and I get some extra spending money for games or whatever I find interesting online.