• Game Rebels: The site that rewards you for posting
  • Join The Awesome ARK Server!

Island PVE (Official Rates x2) by Vurh.Club
    Join ARK Server! Join ARK Discord!
  • The Game Shop V2!

A Complete revamp! Hundreds of FREE games, now available!
    Shop Now!
  • Game Rebels Community

Welcome to this awesome gaming forum
    Register Now
  • Earn Points to Buy Games!

The more you post, the more you earn
    Learn More

PAC Developer/ Animation Developer position

Discussion in 'CW Help, Feedback & Suggestions' started by Daytona211, Feb 6, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Daytona211

Daytona211 Member

PAC-" Gives you the ability to personalize your player model's look by placing objects and effects on yourself. You can go from putting just a hat on your head to creating an entire new player model. PAC can also work on vehicles or props.

You can wear your outfit on any server with PAC3 and everyone should be able to see it on you as long as they have the content you used. If you're using content from Episode 2 (which very few people have mounted) You can also load custom models (.obj) and textures (jpg and png) from URL.
    " - Official description of PAC 3 addon.

So you are interested in PAC huh?

We use PAC to make the server more immersive and be able to make and edit new models, animations, bodygroups, and more.

A new full system will be implemented to the CW server and will hopefully be a model for the whole community. This system consists of a few key points/ranks

PAC Developer- A PAC developer has sufficient knowledge of PAC 3 and it's interfaces. Can utilize PAC in innovative and creative ways to benefit not only themselves but their colleagues and the playerbase as a whole. These users have full permission to allow Staff/Gamemasters to wear PAC's as well as permission to remove permission to wear PAC's and more.

Contributors- Contributors are regular Players, Staff, Gamemasters or anyone that isn't a PAC dev. A contributor can send in PAC's at any time to a PAC dev. PAC dev's will then evaluate them and run them by a loremaster. If it is ok'd by the lore master and the PAC Dev finds it suitable/better than what is already up on the PAC shop it will be uploaded and the user that created it will receive a contributor tag on the PAC item and in the description for all to see.

So I am sure you are wondering. How do I become a PAC dev?
    First of all good question. To become a PAC dev you must first answer an application (to be released) the application is very short and requires very little personal info. The main two sections that will be

1. PAC portfolio: This is where you attempt to wow the one's overlooking your app. You want to put in your most amazing PACs (limit of 3). The most important provision is that IT MUST BE YOUR OWN. You can use content such as materials or imported models, but the creation of the PAC must be your own. You can't plagiarize a PAC you copied off of youtube or IMGUR and get this position.

2. Individual Assignment: PAC devs will present you with a project for you to work on. It may be something as create a PAC for jedi that allows them to have a hood (works for default models) or make clone idle animations, These projects will attempt to test you on critical skills you will need as a PAC dev and will take time and debugging. Lastly, you MUST COMMENT in this. The group names should be easy to read and understand for people that aren't the developer.

Most of this will be explained more in detailed on the application when it is released. I will not be releasing the application until I get access to PAC shop @ParaDyce , @Blisk , @Jog

If you have any questions post here, do not PM a PAC dev unless asked too.

PAC Developer's:
    1. Daytona211
    2. ???
    3. ???

Contributor's:
    The whole playerbase​

2. swag

swag Member

man

3. Mace

Mace Super Moderator Moderator

So when do I get my contributor tag?

4. Daytona211

Daytona211 Member

Make me a PAC good enough to put on PAC shop

2 people like this.
  5. Gamzrok24

Gamzrok24 Member

I'll be the first one to make an application when it's up boss! O7 (salute)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2017
  6. The Evonation

The Evonation Member

I will see about contributing butt capes

3 people like this.
  7. Ace1649

Ace1649 Member

Light work my dudes, gotta make Fixer a cybernetic anyway lel @Black B.

8. Osiris Lord Of Memes

Osiris Lord Of Memes Active Member

Even though it is somewhat related to this, I make myself some custom animations for pac3 using the animation editor, but i've noticed the animations are always choppy everytime it goes to a new segment of the animation. Do you know of any way to make it smoother?

9. Cнroмα

Cнroмα Member

Awaiting the format for application. I have a project in mind, I will PM you the details.

10. Daytona211

Daytona211 Member

Duplicate the previous frame. Then it will slowly move from the previous frame reducing the choppiness. Also keep the frame rate somewhat equal or else it make look jumpy.

11. Mace

But you said the whole playerbase is already contributor's and by that logic that means we have all contributed already ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    See?

12. Black B.

Black B. New Member

yeah you do lol

13. Mace

M8 if we have butt capes their better be some restrictions I'm tired of CC's and shit running around with pauldrons and capes
    It should be
    Pauldron - 2nd Lieutenant+
    Butt Skirt - Captain+
    This being for PAC if its just your model than whatever we cant really change those anytime soon

14. Daytona211

Daytona211 Member

Might set out limitations but figured playerbase would dislike. Will think about it.

I was never planning on adding pauldrin or butt capes

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2017
  15. Ace1649

Ace1649 Member

Also day I had some of the old pointshop pacs from the old server and sent them to Jordan do you want me to send the same to you?

16. CodPro122

CodPro122 New Member

#GETCHROMEUPINTHISBITCHBESTPACMAKER

17. Fry

Fry Active Member

Do I have to play on the server to apply? Because I can make pacs without being on the sever

18. Vector

Vector Member

I assume you can still be a contributer by sending models to a Dev and getting it approved for some sort of compensation.

19. Daytona211

Daytona211 Member

No. You need to be an active part of the CW community

2 people like this.