• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Opinion on Halo Online

GlacialDoom

Reaction score
As you folks might know, Halo Online has been launched (as a closed alpha, but still) on the PC in Russia. It is a pay-to-win game based on the Halo 3 engine. However, modders have stolen the alpha files and have now made it available for everyone. In addition, they have removed all of the pay-to-win features, and now the game is kind of the Halo 3 PC that we've never got to see.

The game is kind of dead nowadays, because everyone is waiting for the patch that will include the server browser, but I think that this will really have a bright future.

What are your opinions on this?

Guardian

Reaction score
Pay to win games suck for everyone except rich little brats, so I'm glad that happened. :p

Still won't play it myself.

Patrick

Reaction score
I thought it was a great first step. It was very refreshing to play a modern Halo title on PC. I had a bit of fun spamming rockets and spartan lasers and such. I hope to see it progress into something larger in the future.

rz3300

Reaction score
Well on the whole I liked it, at least when I played it. I was unaware of the whole Russia thing though so I am curious when that happened in the development of the game, or in relation to when I was playing. Either way, though, I thought that the game was ripe for online play, and when it worked it was a lot of fun, but there were a lot of times when I experienced issues with the system though.

Referal

Reaction score
I really loved this game still do I think they should make it available for everyone. The hipe for this games has decreased over the years.

Rhomhie Morelh Campo

Reaction score
Personally, I love the game to death. It's super fun, very competitive, very unique. Plus it's on PC, which really tops it off. I don't really care if the game does or does.

Ipa07

Reaction score
I like Halo Online because it's pretty addictive and interesting to play. I never bought the game but I play it at my friend's house occasionally.

valy

Reaction score
I think the game is really slow. The framerate is so devastating, that at a point during the second level, playing the game becomes literally impossible to continue. I think the biggest error they made when making the game, is switching from fighting covenant to fighting the flood, which just pits you against hordes of little guys so all you do is spray fire most of the time.

thart

Reaction score
I'm liking the mods to the weapons. It adds a potential for customization of some of the standard weapons that are currently available. Otherwise, i do hope that Halo online will provide a possible addition of the games to play through. Personally i don't like PvP much.

Referal

Reaction score
I know this post is 3 years old or so but I never played the Halo Online series was it free to play? Also, I see they removed it is there another site that offers it for free or do users still play it online or on PC?