• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Oldest Computer

sapett

Reaction score
What is the longest time you have used a computer?

The longest I have used a computer was three years. It was an HP laptop. Nothing was wrong with it, but I decided to take advantage of a sale and buy another as an upgrade. I definitely recommend HP computers.

Zahreah

Reaction score
Well i've used them for like 15 years as they've been in schools and such. But i got my own actual computer about 6 years ago.

Squizls

Reaction score
Well, If my same PC counts because it has been upgraded alot of times 6years.

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
I had a windows vista desktop I got in like 2008 that I used up until 2012. That's the oldest.

Fuzed

Reaction score
Some top of the line back then laptop from 2007, still have it today and it works. Slow, but it's a tough N word.

Guardian

Reaction score
I have an HP laptop I bought in 2007. It has survived a 9 month-stint to Iraq, 6 other 1-month trips to the desert, and another 3 month trip. This is through very inconsiderate baggage handling practices, and a bunch of sand/sandstorms. Two years ago I bought my new primary and gave that one to my wife. She only ended up getting another because it finally had an OS-issue which corrupted it. Its hardware is still kicking, and it is my backup laptop. I've been considering throwing a Linux install on it to start using it again.

Zahreah

Reaction score
Guardian said:
I have an HP laptop I bought in 2007. It has survived a 9 month-stint to Iraq, 6 other 1-month trips to the desert, and another 3 month trip. This is through very inconsiderate baggage handling practices, and a bunch of sand/sandstorms. Two years ago I bought my new primary and gave that one to my wife. She only ended up getting another because it finally had an OS-issue which corrupted it. Its hardware is still kicking, and it is my backup laptop. I've been considering throwing a Linux install on it to start using it again.
I've always heard the older HPs were pretty long lasting. Unlike a Packard Bell which is likely to exploded at any moment.

Guardian

Reaction score
Voi said:
I've always heard the older HPs were pretty long lasting. Unlike a Packard Bell which is likely to exploded at any moment.

It is a brick. I just wish the hardware didn't become outdated so I could keep using it. The only thing it can't do anymore is play the games that are newer. It still did a pretty good job of that for years though.

Patrick

Reaction score
The first computer that truly belong to me (wasn't a family PC) was this really old and bulky eMachine T1100. It was a huge hotbox that could warm your feet quicker than Firewalking. I remember playing a ton of DOOM, but it would crash quite a bit and I usually took that as my cue to go outside and play. I used it for years until eventually it gave out (PSU, and GPU failed at the same time).

A couple years later I saved up and bought a Acer Aspire One A110 which was this miserable netbook that came with Linpus Linux pre-installed. That was my very first taste of Linux and it was pretty confusing. I eventually found out how to erase Linpus Linux and install Windows XP on it, but it really didn't benefit much considering it's HDD was only 8GB. It could only handle flash games (with the exception of RuneScape).

Eventually it fell to ware and tear and by that time I had long moved out of my parent's home and had a job. I saved up ~$100 each check and eventually built my first PC and have been upgrading it since (~4 years now).

Last edited:

Atropia

Reaction score
Used to own a PC that didn't even have a full working desktop configuration that was available before windows 95. It only had a command prompt.

Corzhens

Reaction score
Our home desktop was bought in September 2009 so it is turning 8 this year. But it's still running okay and may last for another year or so. The OS is Windows XP because it has only a 32-bit processor which cannot carry the newer version of Windows much more the Windows 10. But as I said, this old desktop is still reliable and good for internet surfing and simple software like word processor and spreadsheet. However, we have plans of buying a new one and it would be a laptop this time. We are just having a little difficulty with the budget because a laptop is more expensive than a desktop.