• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

New Elder Scrolls game?

djdanilo

Reaction score
What do you guys think about what will the new elders scrolls game be like? I know it's not yet announced, and there is no release date, but they have to make it, right? :wink:

I was blown away when I first played Skyrim, and I put a lot of hours into the game, and was wondering, what do you think where will the game take place, whats it going to be called, etc.

Aitherion

Reaction score
I'm not quite sure if they're even ever gonna make another game. The previous games were extremely successful, but the past years they've just been milking Skyrim. And with the release of the Morrowind DLC for ESO, I don't really think there'll be another full game any time soon- just additions to Elder Scrolls Online.

WarVet

Reaction score
I'm not quite sure if they're even ever gonna make another game. The previous games were extremely successful, but the past years they've just been milking Skyrim. And with the release of the Morrowind DLC for ESO, I don't really think there'll be another full game any time soon- just additions to Elder Scrolls Online.
Yeah, it seems like it's a trend nowadays. At least we should be thankful that Bethesda makes some good games. There have been plenty of companies milking games with less than acceptable quality standards. Not to mention the DLCs and early access scams and all that.

Frank

Reaction score

Which is a horrible trend in the gaming industry. It's been 4 years between Morrowind and Oblivion and 5 between Oblivion and Skyrim. Now it's been 6 years already since Skyrim and no word on the game. And I really doubt they're not going to release it at all, there's way to much money to be made. Same thing with GTA. Eerily similar actually. Release a groundbreaking game, then pour everything into an MMO and pretend like you're never going to make another single-player game.

Aitherion

Reaction score
Release a groundbreaking game, then pour everything into an MMO and pretend like you're never going to make another single-player game.
The thing is, ESO is an MMORPG, meaning it can be expanded on much greater scales than Singleplayer games. It would make sense to me if they put more time into that game and less into another actual Elder Scrolls game. But anyways, that doesn't make Skyrim any less of a great game.

Tania997

Reaction score
The thing is, ESO is an MMORPG, meaning it can be expanded on much greater scales than Singleplayer games. It would make sense to me if they put more time into that game and less into another actual Elder Scrolls game. But anyways, that doesn't make Skyrim any less of a great game.

Skyrim is and will always be a great game, even if they are milking it so much by releasing edition after edition. Anyway, I agree with you. Expanding an MMORPG is much easier than doing that on a single player game, but I would have liked another Elder Scrolls game, not an online edition. I hope it's good anyway.

TsuyoyRival

Reaction score
Skyrim is and will always be a great game, even if they are milking it so much by releasing edition after edition. Anyway, I agree with you. Expanding an MMORPG is much easier than doing that on a single player game, but I would have liked another Elder Scrolls game, not an online edition. I hope it's good anyway.
I think that Skyrim will probably be the best Elder Scroll game i've played because of nostalgia reasons. There is nothing like playing this game during a cold winter! Back to my point...yes, i think it's time for Bethesda to release another sequel to the Elder Scroll. Doing a great map, gameplay, storyline takes time, and if they are investing more than 6 years doing it, i think it's worth waiting a bit longer ;)

Aitherion

Reaction score
With that being said, I think people will hold such high expectations for the game if it ever is announced, due to Skyrim's popularity. Fallout 4 was one of the most hyped games of 2015, and yet people were really disappointed. I don't doubt the same could be true for another Elder Scrolls game.

Tania997

Reaction score
I think that Skyrim will probably be the best Elder Scroll game i've played because of nostalgia reasons. There is nothing like playing this game during a cold winter! Back to my point...yes, i think it's time for Bethesda to release another sequel to the Elder Scroll. Doing a great map, gameplay, storyline takes time, and if they are investing more than 6 years doing it, i think it's worth waiting a bit longer ;)

I'll wait 10 years or more(well, maybe not that much) if they bring another masterpiece. I love playing that game during winter too, the atmosphere just gets to me. I just don't know how will this online elder scrolls play out, I usually don't like the mmorpg concept.