• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Name your favorite DOTA2 pro player, and why!

Cryyo

Reaction score
I know a LOT of responses are going to be Dendi, he seems to be the most popular player around. Personally I am a big fan of eternalenvy. Sure he's a bit awkward, but he just always seems to have the best understanding of the game, and brings a lot to the table when casting. He's also so fun to watch play, bringing in new strats that nobody has tried in the pro scene before (like terrorblade recently).

Squigly

Reaction score
EternalEnvy is probably one of the most tryhard players out there, he theorycrafts a lot and tries out many new things which eventually become meta. (e.g blink drow + visage) He's one of my favorite players out there as well, I find him to be likable despite him being a little socially awkward (honestly, many gamers are in the same boat haha.)

Besides him I really like Aui_2000, he takes the time to analyze other people's replays on stream with no benefit to himself, just so he can help other people become better at the game. I've learnt the most watching his streams.

Pudge

Reaction score
Wasn't EternalEnvy the guy who spilled a drink on another player (can't remember which one) in a live interview? Very awkward to say the least.

Anyways, my favorite is propably Dendi. He just seems like a fun guy and it's a lot of fun to watch him play. He also did a 2vs2 with TobalBiscuit, very enjoyable to watch.

Atlas_Hope

Reaction score
EE is such a tryhard and rages, but he's so good and watching his streams can be really enjoyable if you can tune out his taste in music.

In terms of streaming pros, Dendi, Admiral Bulldog and BigDaddy are all quite enjoyable. Outgoing, funny and engaging.

Squigly

Reaction score
Wasn't EternalEnvy the guy who spilled a drink on another player (can't remember which one) in a live interview? Very awkward to say the least.

Anyways, my favorite is propably Dendi. He just seems like a fun guy and it's a lot of fun to watch him play. He also did a 2vs2 with TobalBiscuit, very enjoyable to watch.
I think it was in response to a prank that was played on him, I agree it was a bit of an overreaction but I don't think he knew that the camera was live. In any case he apologised and things are cool between the players.

cyberpinoy

Reaction score
Yes so far Dendi is my favorite Dota Player, his history and his comeback in the F2P movies was epic. The fact he went against the odds, did his thing makes him stand out. I can only imagine how fun ti would be to play with him. My second favorite Dota player is ....HAHA ME :)

d4rk3n

Reaction score
If I remember correct, EE-sama spilled Monster Energy drink over H4nni because h4nni made EE play on SEA servers. It's quite hilarious if you think about it, although a childish act.
By the way, my favorite player is NoTail.
With his sensational plays with io, disruptor, and EarthShaker, he has already proved that he is one of the best supports in EU.
He also has picked heroes that are not in the meta a lot (like Elder Titan).

Rhomhie Morelh Campo

Reaction score
Kuroky He's amazing at the game and he seems like an amazing person. Epi did an interview with him where he talks about giving money to his parents to support them and let them visit their homeland.
Guy is just a baller

Nemanja

Reaction score
All-time favourite is none other than XBOCT. Legendary carry player for Natus Vincere, champion of the first International, and Russian dota style in person.
Game is going good? Buy rapier. Game is hard? Buy rapier. Sometimes jumping into 5 people, killing 3 and surviving, other times dying solo to support, feeding away. Not a single game was lost, nor won, with him playing.

Gladdy

Reaction score
My favorite professional Dota 2 player is n0tail/BigDaddy. This guy has insane talent. He came from HoN as one of the youngest pro players there. He quickly transitioned to Dota 2 and raised to the top. I always enjoy watching him because he delivers action - he always plays aggressively. Sometimes it does end up in him dying but still. I like players that take high risks. Can't wait to see what he can achieve in the upcoming years.

I do think that he is a bit underappreciated but hey. Everybody has their own taste in players.

Rayne

Reaction score
My favorite player has been s4 since the early 2013. A playmaking genius who has never failed to impress me and I am glad he transitioned to the offlane. I loved his mid but he picked the right time to leave mid because he was never a farming mid and that's where we currently are, mids either do damage or fall off.

I hope he becomes the first player to win 2 TIs because he 100% deserves it along with the rest of his current team.

m33kuh

Reaction score
All-time favourite is none other than XBOCT. Legendary carry player for Natus Vincere, champion of the first International, and Russian dota style in person.
Game is going good? Buy rapier. Game is hard? Buy rapier. Sometimes jumping into 5 people, killing 3 and surviving, other times dying solo to support, feeding away. Not a single game was lost, nor won, with him playing.
Hate the guy. He blamed his team for losing I think it was Ti2 or Ti3. He even called them 'useless idiots'. I saw some of his plays and he doesn't even do anything. He just get last hits and feed eventually. He thinks he is so good but we all know he is not.

fishmonk

Reaction score
My favorite player is iceiceice. A pretty great player. I learnt a lot during his streams while he was still in Zenith. He's a pretty fun and chill personality. I think TI7 would definitely miss him.

m33kuh

Reaction score
My favorite player is iceiceice. A pretty great player. I learnt a lot during his streams while he was still in Zenith. He's a pretty fun and chill personality. I think TI7 would definitely miss him.
Yeah. Iceiceice is indeed a good player. A funny one as well. It's sad that he wasn't able to join TI this year. His team got owned by TNC. :p
Now they have disbanded. I personally think iceiceice is too good for his former team.

fishmonk

Reaction score
Yeah. Iceiceice is indeed a good player. A funny one as well. It's sad that he wasn't able to join TI this year. His team got owned by TNC. :p
Now they have disbanded. I personally think iceiceice is too good for his former team.
The only good thing now is that he's available to stream for two months. Hope to see him on a good team after the TI 7 reshuffle.

m33kuh

Reaction score
The only good thing now is that he's available to stream for two months. Hope to see him on a good team after the TI 7 reshuffle.
Yeah. And I wish he will team up with Dendi. I mean, I just hope Dendi will leave Na'Vi. :( It really makes me sad. He has a great potential and a lot of skills as a mid player. His current teammates are not good enough for him. He is just too loyal. Poor Dendi.

fishmonk

Reaction score
Yeah. And I wish he will team up with Dendi. I mean, I just hope Dendi will leave Na'Vi. :( It really makes me sad. He has a great potential and a lot of skills as a mid player. His current teammates are not good enough for him. He is just too loyal. Poor Dendi.

Dendi definitely has the skills but his loyalty to Na'Vi will only hinder his career. Not many players are willing to team up with him in this organization. The trend in the pro gaming scene is to have young aggressive mid players.

m33kuh

Reaction score
Dendi definitely has the skills but his loyalty to Na'Vi will only hinder his career. Not many players are willing to team up with him in this organization. The trend in the pro gaming scene is to have young aggressive mid players.
True that. But I believe age does not matter on Dota 2 when selecting the best players. One criteria would be how you can make imba plays under pressure.

fishmonk

Reaction score
True that. But I believe age does not matter on Dota 2 when selecting the best players. One criteria would be how you can make imba plays under pressure.
Yes,Fear has proven that age is not a matter. Professional teams are pretty volatile nowadays. They tend to make roster changes pretty often.

yoyoalben0

Reaction score
For me that would be Dendi! he's a living legend, he might abused the bug before ( The meat hook to well ) but still, he did game changers on the finals. it's really amazing how versatile a team can be with dendi on it back in his prime. Goosebumps whenever the MC says "DENDI EXPRESS!". because it's a sure death.