• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

My opinion on the history channel series "Texas Rising"

Scotty

The One and Only
Premium
Reaction score
So I recently started watching the mini series "Texas Rising", and I'd have to say so far I am very disappointed. I am a proud resident of Texas, I am proud to be Texan, and I am very proud of our rich history as a country, and state. Even our involvement in the civil war I am proud of. In fact any fight involving Texas forces during the Civil War the Confederacy won. Any how so far I am extremely disappointed in the portray of the Texas Revolution in this show. The very opening scene they have a black slave lady crying as her black slave brother gets executed with Texan soldiers after the battle of the Alamo. First off I didn't come to watch "Texas Rising" to see some salves from the 1800's get killed, I came to watch Texas forces sacrifice their life to established a great Republic. Next, there is barely any part of the show so far that actually shows the Texan forces doing anything, all they do is talk about "Santa Anna this, Santa Anna that". The only action that has happened so far is some Indians killing some Mexicans. And one thing that pisses me off the most, is that they had Sam Houston freaken say "Like George Washington and our forefathers gained independence from Britain, we will do the same in Texas." I doubt General Houston ever said this, granted he was the former governor of Tennessee, but he was fighting for Texas independent, and had allegiance the The Public of Texas, not the freaken United States. In short it seems history channel is trying to smother the history of my State/Country with this minority crap, and alleged "facts" that Texas history is U.S history. Which is not true at all. Texas has a very different culture from the rest of the United States, and to this day I regret us ever joining this country, sometimes I wish I would wake up in a different reality where we stayed independent from both Mexico and the U.S.