• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

MMR trenches

djdanilo

Reaction score
How many of you guys were calibrated with the initial 10 games to below 4k MMR or 3k, and managed to get out and go high? Was it hard and how long did it take you to do it? I calibrated at 3.9k and dropped down to 3.3k. I must say, it was really hard to get back, but I did it, I'm now at 5.3k MMR, but stopped playing regularly these last couple of months. I want to hear your stories of getting out of the trenches :p.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Haven't played much lately but I'm currently at 3.5k MMR. I'm not one of those hardcore players in online games who play 12 hours a day. Right now if I have the time I can go for maybe 1 round. Nothing more, so progress isn't really something I can look forward to. But hey, it's a fun hour so I can't really complain; all I gotta do is do my job and hope that none of the other people in my team are either toxic or a newbie, especially the people trying to carry the game. I'm more about supporting since I really don't have to farm anything lmao. Just ward, pull, and support, heal, then push. Easy.

Hikin33t

Reaction score
I wish I had such a story. I had one point in my career where I was pushing 5.5k spamming Invoker but I suck terribly now. I've dropped down to 3.5k and if I don't do something soon, I won't even be able to compete in that bracket.

Hanging out on this forum, though, is making me think about DotA again and I want to polish off the rust. But, it's going to be tough. The first step is to at least play once daily I guess, and since I'm going to try and spam solo mid I'm going to concentrate on laning to start with. Since fights are so much easier if you're geared not losing the gold race in the early game because my last hitting was weak will make a big difference for me.

djdanilo

Reaction score
I wish I had such a story. I had one point in my career where I was pushing 5.5k spamming Invoker but I suck terribly now. I've dropped down to 3.5k and if I don't do something soon, I won't even be able to compete in that bracket.

Hanging out on this forum, though, is making me think about DotA again and I want to polish off the rust. But, it's going to be tough. The first step is to at least play once daily I guess, and since I'm going to try and spam solo mid I'm going to concentrate on laning to start with. Since fights are so much easier if you're geared not losing the gold race in the early game because my last hitting was weak will make a big difference for me.

It's the worst feeling when you stop playing for a while, and than you come back and you can't even compete in your own bracket. First couple of days are the worst, especially if you made a big pause, you feel like you are playing the game for the first time, you can't last hit and move your hero around like you used to. It can get really frustrating. Good luck

Hikin33t

Reaction score
T__T I fed a chinese premade and was absolutely stomped.

fishmonk

Reaction score
I started at 2.6k and worked up to 4.8k. It is a pretty tough journey as I had to try really hard to win. It is best to take the lead and make your team focused on objectives.

giovanniiiii

Reaction score
I calibrated around 2k MMR, both my party and my solo. The issue is that I tried to calibrate my MMR when I was still new to the game and it was really unwise. I even went as low as 1.3k MMR because some matchmaking teammates are really uncooperative and are just plain toxic even towards teammates. Luckily I was able to raise it up to 2.2k MMR these past few days, thanks to my friends who always play with me.

fishmonk

Reaction score
I calibrated around 2k MMR, both my party and my solo. The issue is that I tried to calibrate my MMR when I was still new to the game and it was really unwise. I even went as low as 1.3k MMR because some matchmaking teammates are really uncooperative and are just plain toxic even towards teammates. Luckily I was able to raise it up to 2.2k MMR these past few days, thanks to my friends who always play with me.
It is definitely possible to escape 2k MMR by carrying the game solo but you will need to out skill your opponent and get the job done. Mastery level of the heroes need to be there though.