• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition Review

Minecraft

Reaction score
minecraft.jpg

Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition is a game that allows you to create whatever you want and explore a large world. The landscape is made entirely out of blocks that can be destroyed with various tools. There is no real storyline to Minecraft, it just challenges you to create whatever you can imagine! Map seeds are a series of case sensitive numbers and letters that are put together to generate a terrain for you to play on, they are all different. There is a singleplayer and online multiplayer (up to 8).

You start off easy and slowly progress through the ranks of tools, using the different resources on making the tools. There are various dungeons/cave systems that can be explored, but be careful!. Monsters or "Mobs" spawn in dark areas not lit by sunlight or torches! There is also lava underground which can also be a potential hazard.

The controls are easily mastered especially if you have had an Xbox for a long period of time. The blocks you can destroy can range from diamonds, to trees, to TNT! The achievements are also very easily obtained, at least, easier to obtain than in most games.

If you are looking for an awesome experience in an Arcade Game, or you just have a big imagination, Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition is the way to go!

Rates 1/10:
Graphics: 7/10
Controls: 8/10
Gameplay: 10/10
Overall Rating: 9/10

Motion

Reaction score
Good Review, but the xbox 360 version will never beat the PC version :)

Minecraft

Reaction score
Jamie_Mackay said:

It may get close, there will be updates, I just like it more for the controls and it's cheaper.:D

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
Great Review, I am probably going to get this game as soon as I get some Microsoft Points.

Corona

Reaction score
I watched my friend play this once and I've always wanted to try it! :D

uchenna

Reaction score
Minecraft said:
Jamie_Mackay said:

It may get close, there will be updates, I just like it more for the controls and it's cheaper.:D
agreed with you on that. i love the game on xbox360 and dont really cair for it on pc.

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
Diamond said:
If u want u can license transfer my xbl account and get the game for free

That is ok, I don't even want the game anymore :p

Twinkie Pinkie

Reaction score
I recently got the demo for the xbox version and these are my ratings:
xbox Computer
Graphics: 9/10 Graphics: 10/10
Controls: 7/10 Controls: 10/10
Gameplay: 9/10 Gameplay: 10/10

Overall: 9/10 Overall: 10/10

TwisTZ

Reaction score
I have got the game and its awesome m8, U should get it

Ace

Reaction score
The Xbox version will NEVER come close to the PC version no matter how many updates they do. The keyboard is far superior than the controller. In PvP if you were using a controller and i was using a keyboard you wouldn't stand a chance. There is no plugins on xbox which just make it the same every time. Xbox is just far more peaceful and just outright boring imho.

Time to break down the review:
Mobs CAN spawn in light; cows, pigs, sheeps, spiders, blaze, ghasts and wither. The graphics is not anywhere near a 7/10 coming back to why PC is better than xbox. With a good PC you can download shaders and player animated mods making the game look so much better. The world is tiny on xbox compared to pc where most servers have their border around 10kx10k. Gameplay 10? Wut. Controls 8? I have no idea how to reply to that, what do you mean by controls? You also get so much more than what you mentioned, your review is not even a review just your opinion on the game.

Fuzed

Reaction score
Ace said:
The Xbox version will NEVER come close to the PC version no matter how many updates they do. The keyboard is far superior than the controller. In PvP if you were using a controller and i was using a keyboard you wouldn't stand a chance. There is no plugins on xbox which just make it the same every time. Xbox is just far more peaceful and just outright boring imho.

Time to break down the review:
Mobs CAN spawn in light; cows, pigs, sheeps, spiders, blaze, ghasts and wither. The graphics is not anywhere near a 7/10 coming back to why PC is better than xbox. With a good PC you can download shaders and player animated mods making the game look so much better. The world is tiny on xbox compared to pc where most servers have their border around 10kx10k. Gameplay 10? Wut. Controls 8? I have no idea how to reply to that, what do you mean by controls? You also get so much more than what you mentioned, your review is not even a review just your opinion on the game.

You tell em, Ace.