• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Minecraft for XBLA reaches 3.6 million units sold

Scion

Reaction score
screenshot1-1332438991.jpg

Developer Mojang continues to dominate the Xbox Live Arcade charts, announcing today that Minecraft for the Xbox 360 has sold 3.6 million copies. Mojang's business developer Daniel Kaplan revealed the latest numbers on the game on Twitter earlier today, saying he was "really surprised" to learn of Minecraft's latest milestone.

Minecraft on XBLA broke sales records when it launched, becoming profitable within an hour of its release. In July, Mojang founder (and Minecraft mastermind) Markus "Notch" Persson revealed the game had surpassed the three million unit sales mark.

On PC, the tree-punching simulator has surpassed seven million units sold. That's a lot of punching.

Source

Nave

Reaction score
I have the demo and I thought it was good but I'm surprised it was record breaking.

Azareal

Reaction score
Sounds like it's doing quite well although, I don't really like the idea of being so many versions behind the PC version.