• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Minecraft 3D HoloLens

Guardian

Reaction score

An interesting clip from E3 for you Minecraft fans. This would be a pretty phenomenal way to play.

Zahreah

Reaction score
Any fans of tech should be interested in things like this. Will be good to see where it goes in the next few years.

Guardian

Reaction score
Voi said:
Any fans of tech should be interested in things like this. Will be good to see where it goes in the next few years.

The next few years have so much potential. if only developers can get out of their own way and start revolutionizing things rather than trying to merge entertainment systems.

Zahreah

Reaction score
Guardian said:
Voi said:

The next few years have so much potential. if only developers can get out of their own way and start revolutionizing things rather than trying to merge entertainment systems.

Well a lot of companies are jumping on the VR bandwagon so shouldn't take long till we see that publicly available and then something like this will probably be next.

ddoesmc

Reaction score
Really cool! Love it. Something new and interesting for Mine Craft!

RivaCom

Reaction score
The technology is great but, i'd rather not waste it on Minecraft. Let me see some other stuff used with it.

Guardian

Reaction score
The technology is great but, i'd rather not waste it on Minecraft. Let me see some other stuff used with it.
Minecraft is the way to get people interested and shows basics. Once it gets interest, it gets money behind it, then it can be used to do more for better games.

RivaCom

Reaction score
I agree, it's all for proof of concept. The problem lies that Xbox one users didn't buy Xbox one solely for MC. Which means this device isn't as far along as most of us think to handle other types of programs.

Martin

Reaction score
It looks fantastic in my opinion, I just don't see it as practical or actually useful for actually playing a game. Still not sold on actually owning a piece of kit like this.

RivaCom

Reaction score
It looks fantastic in my opinion, I just don't see it as practical or actually useful for actually playing a game. Still not sold on actually owning a piece of kit like this.
This is what I mean when I say they kinda choose a bad example. Picture playing a FPS on your living room floor. Your running, you can see grenades exploding by your couch, bullets whizzing by you. It's basically 3d TV wherever you want. But they choose the most basic of examples which means 1. It's still barely working and has years of development still, or 2. They can't figure out how to do it.