• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Make a map for CW

Cuffs

Reaction score
Hi im Cuffs and this is the thread that i will use to update you guys on my mapping project. I have no idea if i will even finish this map nor will it be even used on the server. Id be cool if it was used tho *cough*jordan*cough*. The map is for events that are capture and defend missions. like defending the compound.
have'nt got a good name for it yet but ill be limiting it just for axiom use only(Yay for copyright laws.) I will be takeing all suggestion's onboard so make sure to leave some

03/28/16
Iv added the 4 main building in the middle of the map, The spawnroom, the garage, the hotel, the compound/community building. they are'nt yet textured so they can be a bit trippy

I put props in the 3rd one so you could get a sense of size.

03/29/16
After getting home from school and loading up the map. i realised that im running out of ideas, Thus i textured the map and added some trees, actually a'lot of trees.
I need suggestions, so im opening this up to the community. leave your sugestions down below and ill be sure to use them.

Im thinking its gonna be an old CIS outpost on an unidentified snowy map
Tour of the map
http://sendvid.com/r7xkitvu

Last edited by a moderator:

Trisha Demilion™

Reaction score
Looks okay so far, but if this is for CW shouldn't this be in...Well....The CW section? :p

Mittens

PRP Community Manager
Reaction score
Cuff's I suggest Materializing This, And also a 2D Skybox Or A 3D?

Zen

Reaction score
Seems like you are pretty good at source hammer my friend

Dr. Grant

Forum Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hi im Cuffs and this is the thread that i will use to update you guys on my mapping project. I have no idea if i will even finish this map nor will it be even used on the server. Id be cool if it was used tho *cough*jordan*cough*. The map is for events that are capture and defend missions. like defending the compound.
have'nt got a good name for it yet but ill be limiting it just for axiom use only(Yay for copyright laws.) I will be takeing all suggestion's onboard so make sure to leave some

03/28/16
Iv added the 4 main building in the middle of the map, The spawnroom, the garage, the hotel, the compound/community building. they are'nt yet textured so they can be a bit trippy

I put props in the 3rd one so you could get a sense of size.

03/29/16
After getting home from school and loading up the map. i realised that im running out of ideas, Thus i textured the map and added some trees, actually a'lot of trees.
I need suggestions, so im opening this up to the community. leave your sugestions down below and ill be sure to use them.

Im thinking its gonna be an old CIS outpost on an unidentified snowy map
Tour of the map
http://sendvid.com/r7xkitvu
See I suggested making a map where we basically have two MAIN maps the Venator and a planetary base. That way we can have a PRE-BUILT base to RP on with actual building not GM built stuff with physguns.

Daytona211

Reaction score
If the map is optimized and functions properly on the server I will add it

Mittens

PRP Community Manager
Reaction score
Lol, some of you guys want so much stuff added, if some of this sstuff you want added actualy try's to become developed he will reach the Brush Limit.

Cuffs

Reaction score
See I suggested making a map where we basically have two MAIN maps the Venator and a planetary base. That way we can have a PRE-BUILT base to RP on with actual building not GM built stuff with physguns.
Kamino?

If the map is optimized and functions properly on the server I will add it
Ill optimize it once its compleated, +Its not like the venator is optimised either(I checked)

Dr. Grant

Forum Super Moderator
Reaction score
Kamino?

Ill optimize it once its compleated, +Its not like the venator is optimised either(I checked)
No not like Kamino back when I played CW that was my suggestion. I don't play CW anymore, haven't for over 4 months probably idk something like that I stopped playing a while back. I suggested making a forest map (like kashyyke), but with a clone base on it with a large wall (like trump). It would have barracks, messhall, basically everything the venator had in a planetary base though. And what map you could build upon after that would be forest and trails for people to patrol and GM's could make patrols be ambushed at times things like that. (basically a dense forest map)

Daytona211

Reaction score
Do not do Kamino it makes no sense in lore, unless it was used for a short time (we have a map for that)

I suggest either a desert,snow or forest map sense those are the most popular in the SW universe and could reduce lag if render settings are used properly

Dr. Grant

Forum Super Moderator
Reaction score
d
Do not do Kamino it makes no sense in lore, unless it was used for a short time (we have a map for that)

I suggest either a desert,snow or forest map sense those are the most popular in the SW universe and could reduce lag if render settings are used properly
I would like forest more cover from trees and better for GM's to make ambushes and do events like I said above, but I am all for whatever other people want either snow or desert as well.

Cuffs

Reaction score

It was always going to be a snow map from the start.
I beleve the conversation went a little like "Hey Thrall, Forrest or Snow?" "Ummmm Definitely Snow" "K, Thx, Bye"