• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Losing your Authenticator

Saffy

Reaction score
that moment when you lose your authenticator and haven't played a blizzard game in a long time and are looking for it... ever happen to you? lol I can't find mine anywhere somehow I have a feeling the kids grabbed mine and placed it somewhere but who knows when I will find it if they did that lol My son took my phone a month ago and it took him 4 days to give it back to me (he's only a year old)

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
Happened to me all the time when I had the physical authenticator. I was able to remove it off my account easily though. I just called blizzard, I still have all my game boxes and I told them the codes and they removed it for me. I would then re activate it when I found it :p

However I found it easier to download the blizzard authenticator to my phone. I never lose my phone :)

Saffy

Reaction score
yeah I have the physical because my phone is not trust worthy but this is the first time I've lost it in a long time! lol SWTOR only allows you to have it mobile if you're a subscriber which really blows because I can't afford to be a sub right now (same with wow sadly) so I had to have them remove mine for that until I find it.. I will probably have to do the same with blizzard. And nice, I don't think I have the boxes anymore for mine :( I should keep a picture or something next time when I find them in case it happens again

deltachi2012

Reaction score
Happened to me all the time when I had the physical authenticator. I was able to remove it off my account easily though. I just called blizzard, I still have all my game boxes and I told them the codes and they removed it for me. I would then re activate it when I found it :p

However I found it easier to download the blizzard authenticator to my phone. I never lose my phone :)

I always download it to my phone, its so much easier to keep up with, until you get a new phone lol

Saffy

Reaction score
I wish I could but my phone is not trust worthy right now and can't afford a new one just yet... when I get a new phone I'll probably do that

Zyni

Reaction score
The only times I can think of that I've lost World of Warcraft authenticator is when I've dc'd during a boss fight or something else "urgent." Then, you're desperately trying to get back in so people don't think you bailed. After a while they changed it so you didn't need to put the number in every time, which helped. It just seemed like I never lost it unless I really needed it.

Now that you mention it, I have no idea where mine is right now. I've been meaning to update the game so I can log in to my veteran account and see if anyone I know is on. Guess I better get started looking for it! I should get one for my phone too.

Gladdy

Reaction score
I never had the physical authenticator. I didn't really have one at all until they developed the app and even then it took me ages to start using it. Dumb I know. Here's a ''funny'' story. I had the phone authenticator app installed and attached to my account and one time when I brought a brand new phone I deleted everything that was on my old one - including the authenticator. So I sort of locked myself out of my own account by stupidity. When you transfer the mobile authenticator onto a new phone you need a special serial code.

I contacted the Blizzard Support and they helped me really fast. They were so kind to me and removed my authenticator so I could reattach it from the new phone. God bless them.

Zyni

Reaction score
Their customer service used to be top notch. They've cut way back, but in the past whenever I had an issue (not often), they were great about it.

We originally had the one on our phones, but we later picked up the physical authenticators. Sometimes, our kids would want to play while we weren't there and it was tricky to read them a number and have them type it in fast enough. It was just simpler to get the little fob instead.

mare.e

Reaction score
I think i had more trouble with removing AUTHENTICATOR then using it. What happened is that i decided not to use mobile phone anymore so i gave my new iPhone to my sister, she was happy, but i completely forgot that i had left AUTHENTICATOR on at that time. She left and since she so far away from where I live i had to call her for code all the time. Then i decided to remove it but guess what, she deleted app and all from phone so deactivation code that was sent to phone couldn't be seen.. At this point im very pissed , had to call GM and explain him all that happened so that he can remove AUTHENTICATOR himself and ulock my account. Man that was stupid of me not to remove it before i have phone away.