• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

List of Cross-Browser CSS Properties

MrCreaper69

Reaction score
Cross-Browser CSS Properties (No Bugs!)
This short list of 12 10 CSS properties displays the only CSS properties that you can use in any situation, in any context, using any value*, with no problems in any browser.

color
direction
font-family
font-size
font-style
font-weight
list-style-position
table-layout
text-indent
word-wrap
* Unfortunately, IE6 and IE7 don’t support the value “inherit” for any of these properties except direction, so if you want to be really technical about this, the only fully cross-browser CSS property would be the direction property.

* As pointed out by Ricardo in the comments, the color property can now accept RGBA and HSLA values, which are not supported by all browsers. So if you take that as non-compliance, then that would also disqualify color from this first list.

Cross-Browser CSS Properties (With Bugs)
Below you’ll find a much longer list of CSS properties that are supported by all browsers. In most cases, these properties are pretty safe to use, with a few obscure bugs. In other cases, there are major bugs and omissions of value support (guess which browsers are the biggest culprits?). So although these properties are available for use in every browser, you might not get the same results in all circumstances.

background
background-attachment
background-color
background-image
background-repeat
background-position
border
border-collapse
border-color
border-style
border-width
clear
cursor
display
float
font
font-variant
height
left
right
bottom
letter-spacing
line-height
list-style
list-style-image
list-style-type
margin
overflow
padding
page-break-after
page-break-before
position
text-align
text-decoration
text-transform
vertical-align
visibility
white-space
width
word-spacing
z-index

Azareal

Reaction score
Well, when it comes to IE6 and IE7, I simply don't support them when it comes to my sites.
They're really old browsers so perhaps, the users of them might want to join the current decade with the rest of us.

MrCreaper69

Reaction score
Yeah, lol. I find it a little silly when people say OMG MY SITE IS MESSED UP! THE CSS ISN'T SHOWING ect.. Get either a better browser or a browser in this decade. :3

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
I just wonder how many people still use IE6 and IE7 to this day.

TwisTZ

Reaction score
I use Mozilla and Chrome, I use to use Ie 6 and 7 ages ago LOL

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
Travis said:
Lol my great aunt uses ie7

Well I'm sure your great aunt doesn't visit Xige's site, but I could be wrong :p