• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Light or Dark Themes ?

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
Which do you guys like better or most prefer ? the light themes or the dark themes. I like both but I prefer light skins over dark ones especially dark green or light green themes.

Anthony

Reaction score
Light cause I ain't a vampire but I like light ones because it makes the site look bright lol.

Zahreah

Reaction score
If it wasn't because of my advice, this whole color scheme wouldn't have happened :p

Hux

Head Forum Admin
Reaction score
I'd probably prefer light colored themes, but obviously no too bright. I do love dark themes because for example, it bring the logo out a lot.

Naiwen

Reaction score
LBJ said:
The light themes are better. They feel more friendly.

Ditto or QFT, indeed here or there... or in fact, I find so too...

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
SickBubblegum said:
If it wasn't because of my advice, this whole color scheme wouldn't have happened :p

I had wanted a green and white theme for as long as I could remember. I'm sure your advice helped too though :p

AlkHolic!©

Reaction score
I prefer light themes, BUT my only criticism with Mybb is the themes are rubbish, the nicest theme i found even for sale was a dark one

Leon

Reaction score
I definitely prefer light themes :) Dark themes are typically too... dark =[

RAND0M1ZER

Reaction score
Personally I feel dark themes are rather gimmicky and unprofessional.

Guardian

Reaction score
Typically, I like dark themes. But some lighter ones can be great too.

Nave

Reaction score
I generally prefer darker themes but a light one wouldn't be bad either.

Tucker933

Reaction score
I run my community on a dark theme as it was unanimously felt to be easier on the eyes, especially later in the night when most people are actually online. Light themes are often painful to stare at for any extended periods of time.

robertson123

Reaction score
I have always prefered dark themes to light especially for video game sites they capture the atmoshpere just right

Reverie

Reaction score
I usually like dark themes or more of a mixed theme. I love themes with a dark background but light/lighter actual forum area. Sometimes all light themes hurt my eyes D:

ShaneVP

Reaction score
I'm kind of a fan of both, I love light kind of themes but darkened down. I love the kind of green ProTechModz is using, the dark green and lighter at the top really fits in with a light coloured background with dark on the sides/bottom. It really is easy on the eyes and by far is one of my favourite themes for a MyBB forum.

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
ShaneVP said:
I'm kind of a fan of both, I love light kind of themes but darkened down. I love the kind of green ProTechModz is using, the dark green and lighter at the top really fits in with a light coloured background with dark on the sides/bottom. It really is easy on the eyes and by far is one of my favourite themes for a MyBB forum.

Thank you for the complements! I'll be sure to show effone (designer of the theme) those remarks :)