• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Laaaaaa.......ggggg

Ghost

Reaction score
Do you ever experience lag? When something loads....then stops, or it's choppy, etc. Or when the game stops loading and you just run around with your character and the world you're playing in doesn't respond?

Do you think this is because of your internet, your computer specs, or what? I have had lag before, but not with my current computer as much. It's mostly when I am playing in either a public place, or far away from my wireless hotspot, or on an old computer that is laggy in general.

Hidden308

Reaction score
Yes I experince lag most of the time it is due to being the game itself. It is rare for it to be my computer sometimes unless the games graphics are as good as Guild Wars 2 for example. The game is good at medium settings but any higher it would lag like crazy. lol :p

22_22

Reaction score
I get alot of lag, it's really frustrating. :(

Demon_skeith

Reaction score
I've gotten some lag before, it really sucks and I seem to get it on rainy days.

NecroWolf

Reaction score
When you say "lag" are you referring to frame skipping or dropped packets? In the 90's packet loss was so bad, because we were all on dial-up, that sometimes you could go eat dinner and still be in the same place!! (I feel old. :() Of course, frame skipping is just as annoying, and usually setting your settings a bit lower takes care of that. I'm not sure if that is even an option on consoles though. I have experienced both and it is a pain.

castills

Reaction score
It us hard to bypass when your pc is below the minimum, AND the game us poorly optimized. So far I can't enjoy Blade & Soul and Satellite Reign due to this.

Gladdy

Reaction score
God, I hate lag. It always seems to occur in those tense moments... when I play FPS game and it's down to me and another random guy then lag. It's beyond frustrating when it happens. Luckily though, my internet has really good upload and download speed so I don't really experience it to the point where it would disrupt my gameplay every single day.

Also, my computer isn't bad which helps. If you try to run a really demanding game on a bad computer, not only will you lag like there's no tomorrow you will also probably crash a few times.

Lag often depends on how stable the actual game servers are as well. The better quality the server, the less chances of lag. If it's servers with 64 people (like Battlefield ones) you are bound to run into lag issues sooner or later.

WarVet

Reaction score
Lag is an old friend of mine. I can't recall how many nice games I stopped playing because of lagging online. The Internet in this part of the world sucks and some games become really unplayable. If you buy X speed you'll always get X/2 at MOST. Let's say I have a moderate speed internet connection and the relative of mine is watching a youtube video on the living room. Bam. That's enough to ruin my gaming experience.

Sino989

Reaction score
I don't experience lag that often because I am fortunate enough to have some pretty good wifi but before I switched to this wifi my internet was okay and I experienced a little bit of lag back then and it was horrible. It ruins the gaming experience honestly.

BeardedMamba

Reaction score
Yes, I do. I absolutely hate lag. I destroys my gaming experience and I just end up frustrated. Internet is to blame, but I've switched to a faster one and haven't experience much lag lately.

sakakimakio

Reaction score
Do I ever experience lag? God, it always accompanies to the extent of I end up my gaming life and get married. Just kidding. I don't know why but I always in need of VPN whenever I want to play online and if not, it would be super lag. Either I'm using my broadband or modem, it doesn't seem any different. The latency of servers also was playing a major part in experiencing lag.

huggy212

Reaction score
Depends on the type of lag you experience. Sometimes when you can still some movements even just breathing of you character then it is just your network. When you cannot click anything and it freezes then your computer cannot handle that game. Take note the your lan card can affect the internet connection you are having.

castills

Reaction score
It us hard to bypass when your pc is below the minimum, AND the game us poorly optimized. So far I can't enjoy Blade & Soul and Satellite Reign due to this.

I forgot to note that some game engines simply do not optimize well. The aforementioned Satellite Reign is based on some 2013 software that gives users of diferent rigs a poor time when it launched about 2 years later.

Also it can be expected of games in Alpha/Beta testing to have mixed issues plus compatibilty.

Blade and Soul...has questionable servers...so the company itself can be at fault if the issues stand for a long time.

rockandgreen

Reaction score
I experience lag all the time. Since I live in quite a remote, rural area the connection isn't as good. This increases the lag and latency that worsens my gaming experiences.

ZXD22

Reaction score
I used to get bad fps on my old PC for Team Fortress 2, used to get 20 fps on the lowest settings lol! Then I added in a 750 ti GPU and started getting 60-80 fps and now I have a 1080ti with over 200+ fps for consistent game play.