Register Now
  • Earn Points to Buy Games!

The more you post, the more you earn
    Learn More
  • Clone Wars Server is LIVE!

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Garry's Mod server is active with players
    Join Us!

Kicking a member

Discussion in 'Clans & Guilds' started by Jamie, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Jamie

Jamie New Member

Have you ever been forced to kick a member out of your team? Why were you forced to do this, and what happened when you did?

2. Jordan

Jordan Founder Administrator

As a Guild master of a guild that had over 600 members, I had to do this lots of times. If you are unable to kick people when the time comes, then you may not be the right person to lead the clan/guild/team.

There was a time though I had to kick a member for things he would do, say, and react. After I kicked him he was making sure no one would ever want to be part of our guild. It really sucked as he made our reputation go down a lot. Eventually though he became known for just pissing people off and trolling, so our reputation came back.

3. Fox

Fox New Member

eh my example would be kicking staff members off my Retros/RSPSs. Sometimes you just have to do it. You have to realize that people's lives don't RELY on being a member of that team or such and kicking them off won't ruin their lives. That is the main issue people have, they get to emotional when really all these online games are are businesses that need to be run accordingly. I've kicked people off that ended up trying to DDoS me, but in the end they always get over it and move on

4. James

James New Member

Yes, I have had to kick a few people from my clan. Usually it's when people can't get along, or if they are just disrespectful to the other members. I don't really find it difficult.
    It's the aftermath that I hate. For whatever reason, they feel the need to retaliate. The most recent person that was kicked created a new clan and tried to pull in our members. That is what I find to be the most difficult part of running a clan...

5. NecroWolf

NecroWolf Member

I had to kick a guy out of my clan (not the one I am in now) because he left his mic open and everyone in the game server heard him cussing and beating his kids. We just couldn't talk to him after that. This was almost 10 years ago. We never even told him why, just kind of let him go. I hope his kids are all right and if not I hope they kick his butt today.

6. Zyni

Zyni New Member

It always made me sad to kick people, but sometimes, it needs to be done. You can't have one person ruining the game for everyone else.

We didn't have many rules (just common sense stuff mostly), but we did enforce the ones we had. We gave warnings, but some people just want to do what they want to do. It's better to let them go than to have everyone else upset.

For the most part though, we had a great group of people without much drama. I miss them.