• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

I've freed up my disk space, what more should i do to increase my andogames speed?

arachnophobik

Reaction score
If by andogames you meant android games, there's not really a lot to it. It all comes down to your phone's specs. What type of processor is your phone using, how many cores does it have, how much ram do you have. I guess if you have low specs, you can try clearing the cache of the phone (maybe Dalvik Cache, can't really remember), or you could try rooting your phone and using Greenify.

overcast

Reaction score
Removing some games is the only option. I usually free up disk space by storing the apps on the SD card. And that works out just fine for me. You can also make sure to remove games which you are not actively playing. This way you can get some RAM and SD space for other games. I have tried that option and it seems to be working for me.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
There's only so much you can do with your current system if you want to play a game above your PC's pay grade. No matter how optimized it is, no matter how much free space you have, if your graphics card can't handle a game that you want, or if you are not satisfied with the FPS, then you know what to do. Save up and get a good graphics card, since all the newer games that will come out will almost always require a modern graphics card to be enjoyable. It's up to you, either "settle" for a laggy game or save up and upgrade your system.

lindbergh

Reaction score
Removing some games is the only option. I usually free up disk space by storing the apps on the SD card. And that works out just fine for me. You can also make sure to remove games which you are not actively playing. This way you can get some RAM and SD space for other games. I have tried that option and it seems to be working for me.
Yep, moving apps to the SD card would help a lot. However, it increases the risk of the app being corrupted.
Also, before playing a game, try to close any app and game that you have previously used in order to free up RAM. If you're not sure about how to free up RAM manually, you could install the app called Clean Master. It's a free app that offers different tools for your phone, but it is mainly used to give your phone a quick boost and free up RAM to make it faster. This app could also be used to clean up junk files and further free up storage space to further optimize your phone. It could also check your phone for potential malware that could also be slowing down your device. Check it out.

overcast

Reaction score
If the person is using Xiaomi or Sony phone, then moving to SD won't help. Often the default ROM will install the game on the memory and not on SD Card. So the best option in such case is to get rid of things you don't use. That way one can consider if they want to make use of the game with freed space. That's how I'd use.