• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Is this game still alive?

Moaz13

Reaction score
It's not a bad game but not many people have been playing it lately. I think it's just that the game is not very interesting, I play it for 30 minutes at a time before getting bored of doing the same thing over and over again and just stop playing.

Squigly

Reaction score
Many people have moved on to Destiny I think. Matchmaking servers should still be populated during peak hours though.

GlacialDoom

Reaction score
On PC, there are about a thousand players at peak time. I still recommend buying it, even now, because a match gets full with 11 other players, so even hundreds are enough. The game is fantastically fun and fresh, and also fast paced.

MrHurricane

Reaction score
This game is still alive on PC, although there never has been a large amount of players to begin with. The DLC maps come up quite rarely though, as they can only come if everyone in the current lobby owns them. With the influx of $5 Titanfall buyers , far less players have them, which i nturn makes them that much rarer. Other than that, and the obscure game modes such as Deadly Ground, you can find a match quite easily at peak times on the EU and the USA regions.

fjellse

Reaction score
This game really confused me.

When I played beta, I was absolutely enthralled. It felt like one of the most exhilarating games I had ever played.

Fast-forward to release, I had a similar experience, but it died out after a few weeks. It didn't feel rewarding to play.

I feel like modern gaming drip-feeds us with rewards and achievements in such a way that we keep coming back, whether we like the game or not. Titanfall didn't really have this. It has a reward system, but it doesn't feel satisfying. I hate to say it, but I feel like part of the reason why the game fell in popularity is because of this, even if the game was good.

Regardless, it is still alive on both platforms. It had a recent resurgence on Xbox One as the game, with expansion, went on sale for ~10 dollars.

Personally, I'm holding out for Titanfall 2, which is apparently well under way. Hopefully they fix the few odd things that threw the first game off.

Avex

Founding Member
Reaction score
It had a lot of hype about it pre-release, which seemed to suddenly dissipate. It's a good game, but it's easily nowhere as popular as it was within the first month of release.

BJL717

Reaction score
To be honest, I really loved this game but not too many people play it anymore. It's not that bad of a game, but everyone turned their back on it. The problem is, people expect every FPS to be like Call of Duty.

ducklord

Reaction score
So I guess that there won't be a point in me buying it during Steam's upcoming sale? Daaaamn...

I really liked how it looked in its trailers, but didn't have the money to buy it up to now. Well, I did, but it was money "better spent elsewhere", so... You know...

And, ok, there aren't that many people online playing it, it may look like it's dying, but could I at least squeeze some single-payer action from it? I loved the whole combo of typical FPS - Mirror's Edge / Assasin's Creed like parkour and... Mechs! It still looks like a quite original mix with nothing like it as an alternative.

BluBird

Reaction score
I still hop on every couple of days too play a few games after I get home from work. Still pretty active from what I've seen, and also a lot better now that they are working on match balancing. Still not perfect (way long to go), but it's surely getting there.

tournique

Reaction score
As someone who worked with people who created it I can say I was thrilled to play it. Sadly, it got boring pretty fast and repetitive and it felt like a grind. Many people moved to other games. Props to devs for the robot idea though!

fire421

Reaction score
In my opinion it was kind of generic. Fighting inside the titans was a cool concept but it ended up being just another COD clone with titans.

tournique

Reaction score
In my opinion it was kind of generic. Fighting inside the titans was a cool concept but it ended up being just another COD clone with titans.
Agree. It would be cool if it was more developed and had a bigger unique gameplay!

RobertNick

Reaction score
I haven't really touched it in weeks, I'm sure people still play it, but I doubt the playerbase is very high, maybe after they patch up the gameplay a bit people will start playing more.

Smokey

Reaction score
I still play from time to time and now with the map packs all being free (after I've purchased the season pass >_<) it's worth getting back into, especially if you never played any of the add-on maps. I really enjoy titanfall when I want a break from a traditional shooter like CoD or Battlefield.

Patrick

Reaction score
I still play from time to time and now with the map packs all being free (after I've purchased the season pass >_<) it's worth getting back into, especially if you never played any of the add-on maps. I really enjoy titanfall when I want a break from a traditional shooter like CoD or Battlefield.
Another victim of the Season Pass! :/ I bought it along with the game itself about 2 weeks before they made them all free.

OT: The game is still very active (at certain times of the day). It's not hard to get into a game on any mode.

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
Another victim of the Season Pass! :/ I bought it along with the game itself about 2 weeks before they made them all free.

OT: The game is still very active (at certain times of the day). It's not hard to get into a game on any mode.
I still play it from time to time. However, like others I play it in short periods.

ended up being just another COD clone with titans.
I don't feel like that at all.
The game brought an entire new unique perspective in first person shooter. If anything, I found it much more fun to play than just another COD game. As COD just seems to re make the same old game and just re skin it.
I feel like their Advance Warfare was an attempt to be a little different and their response to TitanFall.

Martin

Reaction score
Had some nice unique things, it died off mainly because I think the lack of score streaks and lack of rewards from progression as has been stated across the web. I personally liked the look of it, had some nice features (AI bots were a good idea, maybe could be implemented better). I especially liked the look of the cards which you could use for a one time only.

The game would have been better on multiplatform though. Titanfall 2 will be much better.

Michael

Reaction score
I had mixed feelings about this game. A OP robotics game? Alright, I found it quite cool in the trailer and loved Vanoss playing it. I didn't know people still play it.

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
I went on this game the other day. Took a while to get into a lobby with people :(
Seems like it is dying rather quickly. Which is sad as I did love the game.

RivaCom

Reaction score
Not enough gameplay to last. Good idea but limited release hurt it.