• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Is a Zombie Apocalypse Really Possible?

lamanlupa

Reaction score
Zombie movies are all the rage these days, personally, I find it annoying but not annoying enough that I had to ask the question, is it really possible? Will it come as a result of a freak military weapons test? From a lab? From an infected animal, a mutated strain of virus or bacteria... It might be probable but a long shot... To me at least. If you're dead, you're dead! No reanimating of corpses that feast on brains and entrails. I just don't see it happening, not that I want to though. How about you? Do you think it's possible?

AnonLu

Reaction score
Probably not possible.

EDIT: Now that I think more about it, I suppose it is indeed very possible. With the amount of technology, and technological breakthroughs happening recently, and continuing to happen, I think it's certainly possible, although unlikely to happen anytime soon, and unlikely that it plays out like a video game or movie would.

Last edited:

EntropiaAddict

Reaction score
Well, going off the theory that a "Zombie" is simply a corpse that has been re-animated and has the basic low levels functions of their brain working, I think it is possible, but still unlikely. Re-animating corpses is one thing, turning them into a shambling mess that is only interested in eating flesh is something completely different. If a secret weapon or anything actually creates a zombie, I don't feel it would be a flesh-eating creature, but rather just a re-animated corpse that wanders around aimlessly that the military could strap weapons to and send out in the field or something.

Horror movie/video game zombie = not likely
Braindead walking corpse = possible

That being said, I still enjoy the horror movie/video game zombie. There is something creepy about a monster that never speeds up, never slows down, and never gets tired chasing after you.

-hg- Andrew Wilson

Reaction score
A zombie apocalypse cannot happen in the way they perceive it in the movies and video games. Zombies are affected by logic too. Extreme hot and cold temperatures would stop them. Fat is one of the first things to decompose, so they will be unable to walk without any of it on their feet. Shows like the walking dead say only the brain stem is active. Oh really? yer a heckin idiot then. The cerebrum and cerebellum are needed to make you move. The hypothalamus must also be active for them to actually be hungry and want to eat human flesh. On that subject, what says they will be aggressive and want to eat humans? that is just absurd. What is more absurd is people who will think it could happen. Some disease can spread easily, but the classic zombie virus spreads way too easy. The classic mode of transmission is through bodily fluids coming into contact with your own blood. That is the same as AIDS, but it is easier to spot unlike AIDS for obvious reasons. It is illogical that it could infect the world in a matter of weeks. Finally, the incubation of this zombie virus is way too short. There is no way a virus can turn you into a zombie in seconds. No diseases do that. It must take time to infect your cells and reproduce. How can you become a zombie before the virus even makes a full cycle around your body? The zombie apocalypse we should be fearing is the dumbing down of this country. We are more concerned about a ball than real news. We are more worried about having our feelings hurt than kids who saw their parents have bullets put into their heads before their very eyes. We have become so disconnected from reality that small things upset and startle us. That is the zombie you should all fear, my friends.

dbwv

Reaction score
There has actually been a little research into this; even the government has studied this to see if it was possible. Something like this really could happen, just Not like the movies where it's reanimated corpses...that isn't possible. The most likely and credible way for this to happen is for a disease, like a mutated form of rabies, would infect people and make them like crazed rabid animals. They would be insane and hyper-violent and resistant to pain....but Not flesh-eating dead corpses who can hardly even be stopped. Another possibility is some wacky new drug causing psychosis and extreme behavior. So, it would be a little more like 28 Days and not The Walking Dead.

Empire

Reaction score
Watching to much walking dead lately? The R.I.P to the world and lets get ready for it by sleeping.

It won't happen the zombie apocalypse, it's an story that been around for years. Scientists is what we have to look at for. There the ones that will work on this crazy apocalypse. To my mine if the scientists keeps things as is then all good