• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

inFAMOUS 2

James

Reaction score
Review of inFAMOUS 2

By James
Date: 7/29/2012​

Game Information
Software: Playstation 3
Company: Sucker Punch Productions
Release Date(s): June 7, 2011 (North America), June 9, 2011 (Australia), June 10, 2011 (Europe), July 7, 2011 (Japan)

Introduction
InFAMOUS 2 is an open world action game that was made exclusivly for the Playstation 3.

Getting Started
This game basically begins where InFamous left off. Cole, Zeke, and NSA Agent Lucy Kuo escape to New Marais in order to find Dr. Sebastian Wolfe, the man who developed the Ray Sphere which gave Cole his powers in the first place, in hope that he can help Cole become strong enough to fight "the Beast" that Kessler told him about.
When they arrive, they discover that Joseph Bertrand III is in power with his anti-conduit militia. Bertrand, aware of Cole's arrival and abilities, wages a propaganda campaign against Cole by claiming that he is a demon.
The beginning of the game is very captivating, and the rest of the story really holds your interest.
Story Rating: 5/5

Game Play
You start out with the same electric powers you had from the first game, and you gain more in this sequel. You also have a new weapon, the Amp, which Cole uses for close quarter combat. While exploring New Marais, you will have to fight the militia and the swamp monsters that inhabit the Island. While fighting in close quarters, it's sometimes difficult to control the camera to see the enemy you're trying to attack.
You still have the ability to choose between being a Hero, or being infamous. Every decision you make will have either a good or bad consequence.
Gameplay Rating: 4/5

Graphics
This game still features the classic comic book cut-scenes that were in the first one. The graphics have been improved from the first game, but they aren't what make this game.
Graphics Rating: 3/5

Re-Play Value
The game is changes based on the decisions you make throughout. If you choose to be evil, you'll get new missions, and different powers than you would if you were playing the Hero story. There are also two different endings.
Re-play value rating: 4/5

Overall Rating
I would give this game a 4/5.

(I'd just like to say that this is my first ever review that I've written (at least this formally), so if you have any suggestions on what I could do to make my reviews better please share them.)

Hidden308

Reaction score
Adding pictures of the game made by you or not into your review can explain futher in the graphics part of your review. You could have added a bit more information though. But other than that you have done really well with your review. I'll give this a 7 rating.

Demon_skeith

Reaction score
good review, I got this game the other day at bestbuy for $10 and plan to play it soon.

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
I loved the game along with the first one. However, in my own opinion, I found the game play was to short. Would have loved to see a longer game play for such an excellent game

Fox

Reaction score
I agree with Jordan, great game but too short. Got it on my trip to Europe and beat it on good and evil in 3 days and then got all the powers and the full charge within the week :/

Fizz

Reaction score
This game is awesome, it needs more though. Maybe some cool Multiplayer features? ;)