• Game Rebels: The site that rewards you for posting
  • Join The Awesome ARK Server!

Island PVE (Official Rates x2) by Vurh.Club
    Join ARK Server! Join ARK Discord!
  • The Game Shop V2!

A Complete revamp! Hundreds of FREE games, now available!
    Shop Now!
  • Game Rebels Community

Welcome to this awesome gaming forum
    Register Now
  • Earn Points to Buy Games!

The more you post, the more you earn
    Learn More

How Voting Should Work

Discussion in 'CW Help, Feedback & Suggestions' started by Osiris Lord Of Memes, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Osiris Lord Of Memes

Osiris Lord Of Memes Active Member

So recently from what I have heard is that Commandos got purged and a new head was put in place. Nothing really new there at all. The only catch is that apparently at the Commander's Meeting only 3 Commanders voted and they voted for what happened with Commandos. The problem with this is the fact that the Commanders allowed this to pass with only 3 votes, the rest apparently were either neutral or didn't have enough put before them to vote. ( I forget how many battalions there are but I am going with the rough estimate of 14).

So lets do the math: 3 / 14 = 24%

This means as is Commanders are fine with having less than 25% of the Commanders to agree on anything as long as the rest are neutral or dont vote. I feel that the correct course of action that must be taken is that at least 60% of Commanders should vote (withholding or being neutral does not count). If they dont reach that on the vote of the subject it should be brought back up at the end of the meeting or should be postponed until the next meeting.

3 people like this.
  2. The Evonation

The Evonation Member

It was onesided, as I was there so I understand where you are coming from.

3. Fordo

Fordo Member

We have new commander meeting rules that @Daytona211 set and were fully passed but they are just ignored and in that set of rules, in order for a vote to pass it needs 2/3rd of the commanders to win the decision.

3 people like this.
  4. Jog

Jog Active Member Community Supervisor

When were the rules set? My understanding is it's just a majority of the people who vote (so like 2 yay 1 nay wins). Those who abstain for whatever reason don't count.

2/3rds majority is used for marshal voting and commander placement (not squads)

5. The Evonation

The Evonation Member

I will pass this along to Mace then.

6. Jordan

Jordan Founder Owner

When was this passed?
    We should then also make it than if a certain number of people abstain than a vote can't move forward as there isn't enough people voting on it to begin with.

Anyhow, if you guys took a look at the CW announcements you will see the major changes thread. The commander meeting changes is on the list:
    http://endlessnetworks.com/threads/major-cw-changes.14/

So the way commander meetings are done is changing soon anyways. So all feedback with the current system is appreciated :)

7. Fordo

Fordo Member

The new rules were passed in place, the week before, Day, Sock, Sag, Clint, and myself presented the idea of removing the 4 battalions. Which the 2/3rds vote rule actually caused us to not win the vote for removal of those battalions until it was made for a staff meeting.

8. Jordan

Jordan Founder Owner

9. Daytona211

Daytona211 Member

The majority of commanders. It was voted on and 2/3rds agreed. I forget what the actual margin was

10. Osiris Lord Of Memes

You never updated it lol

11. Jordan

Jordan Founder Owner

There's nothin to update right now. Te post says it's a work in progress. Want y'all to give feedback on your current system and what could be changed.

12. Osiris Lord Of Memes

Maybe add in the whole voting thing in the commander meeting area. Also what is this I hear about Server Director being changed to community manager, is this true?

13. Jordan

Jordan Founder Owner

I think people got this idea because I copied/pasted the old format from the old axiom forums of the staff ranks. Back then Server Director was named Community Manager. Same shit though.

2 people like this.
  14. Mace

Mace Super Moderator Moderator

Actually Jones was put in as Boss and then he purged it, it wasn't decided that Commandos would be purged in the meeting Jones just did it on his own. If people think it was a really shit decision than they can bring up punishment in the Commanders Meeting

Yea... it was already postponed at the last meeting, my policy is I don't postpone stuff more than once leads to the mindset "I don't need to show up they will just postpone it forever since none of the Commanders show up"

Also I gave plenty of time for people to PTS on stuff and if they didn't like something or had a good reason for holding something off then they could bring it up. However after asking for PTS's and getting pure silence I went with the best course of action I could think of at that time since nobody did a PTS to state their opinion or why someone else should be a candidate for Boss. So I did the vote with the best info I was given about the candidates.

15. Osiris Lord Of Memes

Fair enough, but still you have to admit when only a quarter of the commanders vote and they agree on a change, it seems kinda unfair. Only thing I can think of is making it mandatory to vote and not leaving neutral as an option.

16. Mace

Mace Super Moderator Moderator

Well I said "Vote skrubs" -Mace 2K17 after they hadn't got up
    But they still didn't so I'm not going to force them to and if they don't like the decision reached they can't reallllly complain as they had every opportunity to PTS or vote