• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

How to Root "Almost" Any Android Device

TheDerpKing

Reaction score

1. Go to www.TowelRoot.com
2. Click the center Image to download the "tr.apk" Application
3. Once Installed, Open it and Click "Make it Ra1n"
4. The device will Restart
5. Download "Root Checker" to see if it's Rooted.

Optional Step's
Download "SuperSU"
Download "BusyBox"

TowlRoot made by Geohot

Zahreah

Reaction score
Used to using desktop utilities for rooting. Thanks for this.

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
Sound simple, I have an old android laying around I might try this :D Which versions of android does this work for though?

TheDerpKing

Reaction score
Works on Android 4.X.X & Kernel 3.X.X.

But you can try it for other Versions also.

It hasn't Bricked a Phone/Tablet up to this point. - And its been out for like a Month or Two.

Andrei Birla Marian

Reaction score
Hello!
Thanks for your initiative and advice.
I want to offer you an alternative, namely Kingoroot, one of the pest one-click-root.
This is an app that lets you root your Android with just a tap in a matter of seconds, and without having to do any particularly complex or dangerous procedures.

It works on dozens of different device models that use any version of Android between 1.5 and 5.0. And all of them use the same process for rooting the device: hit the ROOT button. Of course, if your device is already rooted, the app will tell you so. You can also unroot a device in the same way that you root it, all in a matter of seconds.

During app's installation, a pop-up window may appear saying that installing Kingo ROOT is dangerous. This is because rooting a device always implies certain risks. In any case, you just have to hit 'Install Anyway (unsafe)' to proceed.

overcast

Reaction score
TowelRoot is good app. Also there are some few other apps like SuperSu. And few others which may be good enough for the boot as well. You can see that some boot level superuser permission can be possible with those apps. It can be good for updating the device. I have found that some devices may not allow such usage of the apps.

Okaviator

Reaction score
Thanks! I actually ended up using this method recently and it worked! It's good to see that you're helping spread the news.

Laibrown

Reaction score
I have had issues with rooting my phones. There was a time I used samsung galaxy s5 and I need to root it so badly, I was advised to use some app, I tried all the method I could get but non works.
It was later I read that rooting phone can actually damage the mobile phone security or destroy the phone so I have to let it go.

TsuyoyRival

Reaction score
Wow this is interesting! I hardly root my android phone, but if i need it, i will take this post in consideration for sure, although i have to ask, this website and process is legit, and i can do it safely? :)

Laibrown

Reaction score
Thanks! I actually ended up using this method recently and it worked! It's good to see that you're helping spread the news.
Hello!
Thanks for your initiative and advice.
I want to offer you an alternative, namely Kingoroot, one of the pest one-click-root.
This is an app that lets you root your Android with just a tap in a matter of seconds, and without having to do any particularly complex or dangerous procedures.

It works on dozens of different device models that use any version of Android between 1.5 and 5.0. And all of them use the same process for rooting the device: hit the ROOT button. Of course, if your device is already rooted, the app will tell you so. You can also unroot a device in the same way that you root it, all in a matter of seconds.

During app's installation, a pop-up window may appear saying that installing Kingo ROOT is dangerous. This is because rooting a device always implies certain risks. In any case, you just have to hit 'Install Anyway (unsafe)' to proceed.
I have heard of king root before. Actually there was a time I need to root for phone so that one particular application can work on it then. I was using samsung s5 then, a friend suggested king root for me.
But I tried it and it doesn't work, although it might be something I am not doing right.

Clara1993

Reaction score
Thanks For the information, I use Kingoroot apk to root my android device It is also User friendly and uses almost similar to the step used for towelroot.com, So here is how I do
Download Kingoroot.apk on your device then install the apk it will require you to enable unknown sources then launch the app and start rooting, wait few seconds then you will see the results that it's success, as simple as that.

zeedollar

Reaction score
I use kingroot and it has worked over time, i also ise one click root which is also effective. At least now you can install games and apps from outside the app store without any issues.