• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

How much time do you spend in game?

Sylar

General Manager
Reaction score
MMO's are known to suck a lot of time out of our lives, as there are many grindy components that require a lot of time in to get a reward. So how much time do you usually spend in-game on a per-day basis? Maybe per-week?

Also, how long have you been playing the MMO that most occupies your time?

I've been playing SWTOR since launch(4 years now), I let my sub lapse for about 6 months as all my friends left the game, and it was pretty dead in the game due to lack of content. Now that I've been back into it though, I usually spend 2-8 hours per day playing it, depending on how much schoolwork I have.

beastmaster184

Reaction score
Depends on the game am the type of gamer that likes to beat them and delete them unless there a shooter like cod or battlefront. Usally a camgin will take me 8 to 20 hours depending on the game and achievements since i am a xbox man

Jboh

Reaction score
I used to play WoW a lot back in high school. A single play-session would go anywhere from 8-10 hours depending on how much schoolwork I had. I actually took breaks on the weekends and did other things since I didn't want to be one of those guys who ends up devoting his life to World of Warcraft. These days though, I spend anywhere between 2-6 hours a week playing MMORPGS. I still enjoy them, but I've been having trouble finding one to get into. I've been wanting to try Guild Wars 2 for a while now, but I'm not sure how well it's been doing after all the hype died down.

I did play a lot of Tera when that released on Steam, but after hearing rumors about how nasty the community is, I dropped it. Been there, done that.

PingPongCall

Reaction score
There have only been two occasions where i spent money in a game. Once was for an outfit in the game Ether saga online, for an outfit and some wings. The other was in Diablo 3, back when the auction house existed. I would buy tons of DEX gems for my barbarian and radiant ruby's to use while leveling a new character. Outside of that, I don't see myself ever spending money in a game again. Even if it's F2P.

Maelalove

Reaction score
MMO's definitely take up way too much of my time. I have played World of Warcraft for about 10 years now, and I still play for at least 4 hours a night, multiple nights a week(I'm in a mythic raiding guild, on the core team). Then I spend countless hours during the week whenever I just feel like playing or have something to do on the game. Then I play other MMO's like Unturned, and The Secret World. Sometimes even Wildstar.
At this point, I've practically forgotten about my console, and it kind of bothers me. So many games I've neglected, so little time to fix it.

leahcim132

Reaction score
Ah yes, MMOs. One of the most time consuming genres of games. I've played countless hours grinding on many games like TERA and WoW (stopped playing for a few years now). I'd say nowadays I spend at max 2 hours a day since working and studying takes up most of my time.

Liselle

Reaction score
I used to play MMOs everyday and would spend at least 3 hours on it. MMOs are really time consuming and addicting so I tend to lose track of time once I start playing. Now I don't have as much time since I need to study so I keep it at 1-3 hours a day. On weekends, I play for much longer.

Maelalove

Reaction score
Ah yes, MMOs. One of the most time consuming genres of games. I've played countless hours grinding on many games like TERA and WoW (stopped playing for a few years now). I'd say nowadays I spend at max 2 hours a day since working and studying takes up most of my time.
I let them take up more time than I should in my life, but I think I've found a balance at this point. Not only that, but I've made some great friends from everywhere, so I can't exactly complain. Did it to myself, haha.

Esquire25

Reaction score
I dont necessarily play games unless I am at the hairdresser and under the dryer. I play the games just to keep myself entertained. However, my son is definitely a gaming fanatic... He spends way too much time playing. I often times have to scream his name twenty times before he hears me. My son is hooked. During school season, I literally have to unhook the entire gaming system so that he can focus on his homework or to get ready for bed. Now that its summer time, its free for all around my house. My son spends entirely too much time gaming, maybe 5 to 7 hours. I am over here shaking my head.

Sincerely,
Esquire25

AWPEK

Reaction score
When I am playing an online game I generally spend around 2 to 6 hours playing on it. Most of my gaming time comes from FPS games such as The Division By Tom Clancy, Counter Strike Global Offensive, Call of Duty, and much more. I would usually go as far as to play for nearly 8 hours because that is how much I love FPS online gaming. As for other online games, I would play around half the amount of hours depending if it is good or not. The only games I would spend the least amount of time when gaming would definitely have to be online puzzle games, single player games, and realistic kind of online games.

AntwanCeja

Reaction score
I really did spend some 8-10 hours a day every day of every week for about 5 years. That is only because I used to own a video game place. A place where you could go to rent a video console and play any game you wanted. It was such a sweet place. The best in town, but unfurtunately I had to close it down. I was so sure I was going to open it again but I wasn't able to any more.. I still think I will get the time and money to open it again some day, hopefully.

Sino989

Reaction score
Well, to me it depends on the game and how I feel about the game. If it is a good game that I actually like to play I'll play it a lot more than I probably should be playing it.

Zyni

Reaction score
I used to play a lot of World of Warcraft. When I was raiding, it was 3 nights a week, for 3 hours a night. That was just the actual raids. Of course, you also have to spend time in game doing other things to be prepared, like making food, potions, gear, enchantments. You need to farm and make money. Plus I had alts. Hmmm, I played a lot, ha ha.

I don't play much now, but I imagine I will be playing a bit over the summer while my kiddo is out of school. We will no doubt be wrecking some battlegrounds together.

castills

Reaction score
I try to play a game for at least 2 hours before I decide to keep or uninstall it. I didn't have the best specs and try to find the worth around stutter and frame weirdness. However, when a game sucks me in, you won't see me for about 5 hours. I spent the most time playing and giving my wallet to RIFT and Marvel Heroes 2016. My high school days were filled with "game now, study later!" and "due tomorrow means DO tomorrow".

I loved the class specialization of RIFT. I mained a healing mage, the Chlormancer until I didn't know how to run a damage spec. Some grinding later I had one.

Marvel Heroes was interesting due to the comic/movie nostalgia, but low specs and tedious gameplay pushed me away. There are too many XP events to enjoy the story, IMO.

chumzybabe

Reaction score
I love playing games, the number of hours I put in a game will depend on the type of game. I give in at least 5 to 8 hours of my day to gaming

arachnophobik

Reaction score
I only play 2-3 hours now in Blade and Soul. I used to be so addicted to a different MMO back then and I don't want to revert back into my old habits because they are just plain unhealthy for me and it started to mess with my life. I might play more hours once I finish college and do it whenever I'm free from work, but as of now, I don't plan to extend my gaming hours at all, especially since I don't even feel like it would be worth it.

sakakimakio

Reaction score
It depends on how long have you been in that game and what ur main purpose on playing that game. For example, I would like to make my characters super cool and loaded with the awesome weapon in these short time, I will spend almost most of my future for that stupid cause. But, if I play to chill or just enjoy levelling, I spend just a little to spare from boredom.