• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

How much money?

Ramo

Reaction score
How much money have you spent on gaming consoles? This includes the console, games, accesories, etc.
I know some people spend thousands and thousands of dollars on their gaming consoles and other people have spent little.

I have spent over $1,000 on my 360, games, accesories, etc. It's crazy how much money I've spent on it but well worth it :)

jeremy2

Reaction score
I try to be modest in my spending but if i find an interesting console that is worth the price tag,then i would rather dig deeper in my wallet.I recently bought a game console for $200 but it was worth it.

Squigly

Reaction score
~500 dollars on random Steam games , game bundles and cosmetics. Also 1800 on a decent gaming ASUS RoG laptop.

ducklord

Reaction score
Well, count'em:

PS2, PS3, PSP, Xbox 360, Wii. At least 10 to 30 games for each. How much does it build up to?

And nope, I don't have "only those 10 to 30 games for each". Working for tech (and gaming) magazines had its perks ;-)

utneqo7d

Reaction score
I've spent about €800 ($1000) on my DS lite, DSi and 3DS with games, though I got my Wii for free :D

So yeah, I mostly paid for my handhelds.

I think you'll always have to count at least €400 ($500) on a console and games, even if you can get some stuff second handed, those things aren't cheap! That's why I often prefer handhelds, they're a lot cheaper, and portable.

Epicfied

Reaction score
I've owned many gaming consoles but I have actually never spent any money buying them. I always asked for them for Christmas years after the release. I've spent a little money on games but not much. I'm not sure how much I've spent on games because I've had consoles for as long as I can remember. Who knows how many cheap games I bought when I was young at yard sales or in resale stores.

However, I'm also normally a PC Gamer. If we want to include that... a lot.
Just this year, I spent about $1200 to upgrade my rig in May. Then me and my husband just decided to both majorly upgrade for a Christmas + Anniversary present. Between the two of us, I'm pretty sure we just spend north of $3000... probably close to $4000. Plus of course over the last year random accessory upgrades... headsets, keyboards, etc.
As far as games go for PC, I've spent bare minimum until about the last year or so. I used to only play free games and was against subscriptions. I've bought some games full price to get into beta and so on. However, recently my husband finally talked me into a WoW subscription. Right now, I have no idea what I've spent on PC games though.

ducklord

Reaction score
@utnego7d Yeah, but in that way you're missing out on the big picture (pun intended) :p

I find that portable platforms, like PSP and DS, are better suited to arcade-y games you can play for 5-10 minutes and put away. For long gaming sessions, being hunched over them will make your neck and eyes hurt after a while.

I prefer "cinematic experiences" in my gaming, big screens with impressive graphics, storylines and characters that you could find in a proper movie. That doesn't mean I don't play my fair share of other games as well, or that I'm not still hooked to... Tetris :-D

Kamarsun1

Reaction score
How much money have you spent on gaming consoles? This includes the console, games, accesories, etc.
I know some people spend thousands and thousands of dollars on their gaming consoles and other people have spent little.

I have spent over $1,000 on my 360, games, accesories, etc. It's crazy how much money I've spent on it but well worth it :)
Well if I added up everything since around 1990, that would be thousands of dollars, but as of recent, I look for all the deals I can find. I payed 40 bucks for my xbox 360 (without a hard drive). I only buy preowned games and keep my accessories down. The only thing I will buy new would be controllers.

Ridge

Reaction score
This year I've probaly spent around $1000 on video games all things considered. .

I can't even venture to guess a lifetime dollars spent...

lgdg090596

Reaction score
I didn't spend much on consoles since I modify them. I just download my games, I don't spend on accessories, either. So, yeah. I've spent—or should I say, my parents have spent—money only on the console itself and the controllers. So far, I've had 5 consoles.

1)Famicom
2)PS1
3)Another PS1
4)PS2
5)PS3

I'm plan on buying the PS4, soon.

Ridge

Reaction score
I've managed to spend about $600 so far in 2015 and I didn't even get my new 3DS yet..

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
Considering I been buying and playing games for as long as I can remember, I can't even begin to imagine the total price.
Also the fact that games these days are $70 per, I must have spent enough money on games to put a considerable size down payment on a nice beautiful home.

Cyan

Reaction score
Considering I been buying and playing games for as long as I can remember, I can't even begin to imagine the total price.
Also the fact that games these days are $70 per, I must have spent enough money on games to put a considerable size down payment on a nice beautiful home.

This is me lol. I have spent probably $5000+ on everything.

deltachi2012

Reaction score
Man, thats so hard to calculate lol. I would say this year I have spent probably around 1,000 dollars or so, and I have yet to buy the new XBone, that I desperately need :) so I could say Ill spend around 3,000 by the end of the year lol

Michael

Reaction score
Probably over $1000 because of the GOD DAMN RED RING OF DEATH

Jack

Founding Member
Reaction score
I use to be that kind of guy who wanted a console in every room of the house and every game for it so well over $5000.

AndroidOS

Reaction score
A lot - so much that I really don't want to go and start adding it all up!

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
A lot - so much that I really don't want to go and start adding it all up!
Don't blame you. You think about all that you spent, and wonder where you could have been in your life at this point xD

beastmaster184

Reaction score
If I had a rough number i would say around 3500 to 5000 with all the systems that I had and still have alongside games i have reboughten because they either got stolen or broke but well worth it as i use to buy my friends old consle until the 360 when i got into online gaming cause i did not want to put up with computer cost

Liselle

Reaction score
I've never counted how much my purchases would amount to but the small amounts really do add up. I've spent over $1,000 for sure considering that I have multiple consoles and I buy a lot of games online. A lot of steam games offer DLC so I've spent a large amount on that as well. I don't regret anything though because that amount has brought me many hours of fun.