• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

How many people would be interested in a controller ( wireless) for an Ipad?

Would you buy a controller for your tablet?

• Yes!

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • No!

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

user238

Reaction score
I was playing a game, ( Neo Scavenger ) and a few of the Final Fantasy series that is on the iOS due to nostalgia, and I was suddenly struck by the fact that I had never heard of controller for any kind of tablet. I was wondering if it would be possible to code one that would mimic the onscreen touch screen controls.

If there was one that you could hold in your hands and use the tablet as both the playing and the screen would people here buy it? Maybe if it was 60-80$?

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
If the machine is good enough to actually run games, a tablet with a controller would be an awesome thing to have in trips since you can easily play games without having to carry a heavy gaming laptop. Plug and play, and you see yourself doing bus and plane rides no problem. Too bad though that most tablet games are for touchscreen, where you have to point at stuff to make them work. If they can add a true game in them and make them run efficiently, then why not?

lindbergh

Reaction score
Nah. I wouldn't dish out 80 bucks for an iPad controller. I think a controller would be very much welcome if you play emulated console games on your tablet. The on screen buttons make it difficult to control your character sometimes and having a controller would definitely help. I don't have an emulator on my iPad mini so I'm not interested in buying one, especially with that prictag range. I do have quite a lot of games but the controls are just fine with the touch screen.

fireball916

Reaction score
I would consider buying a controller for an iPad or phone. But I wouldn't be willing to pay more than $30. I've see controllers for mobile devices but they're usually expensive. A controller would be nice but since touch controls work decently well it's not a high priority for me.

user238

Reaction score
If the machine is good enough to actually run games, a tablet with a controller would be an awesome thing to have in trips since you can easily play games without having to carry a heavy gaming laptop. Plug and play, and you see yourself doing bus and plane rides no problem. Too bad though that most tablet games are for touchscreen, where you have to point at stuff to make them work. If they can add a true game in them and make them run efficiently, then why not?

With an idea like that, how much would you be willing to pay for this kind of thing?

I am not sure how much work it would take to put into it. I think that there is a lot of work that it would take because you would have to code from the touchscreen side of things, to make the controls on the controller, work with the touchscreen side of things. I don't know enough for me to sit down and say this is how long it would take to actually design something that would work for this idea.

Gladdy

Reaction score
Well, first I would have to buy the iPad because my tablet is Android :p but even if it was a controller that would work on any OS, I honestly wouldn't spend $80 on it. Why would I? I have a decent computer and a PS4. If I truly want to play games, I can simply get them on those platforms.

Also, I think that you're a bit late with this idea. I have heard and seen some different kinds of controllers that support iPad and other things. Look at Google and you will see.