• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Heroes of the Storm

PSyCHoHaMSTeRza

Reaction score
So, you played Dota. You played LoL. You played HoN. But have you added the new addition to you list of acronyms yet? HotS is a new MOBA from Blizzard which does things a bit differently.
Firstly, no items. Personally (being the noob that I am) I love not having to remember complex recipes, or dragging my team down if I can't farm enough gold for my items.
Secondly, shared XP. The whole team levels up together. That makes playing support so much more fun, because you still get all the levels that the carry has. You can focus more on actual supporting than trying to get some creeps or KS a hero for an extra level.

So, any HotS players here?

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
I have tried it. Did not get into it at all!

I'm not a huge fan of MOBA/RTS games :(

Gladdy

Reaction score
I've also recently tried it when they were giving away that big bundle where you got a bunch of the characters or heroes for free? I don't know what it was called but it was part of some event I think.

Anyway, I've tried playing it since I do enjoy MOBA's like League (up to a point) so I wanted to see what the difference is between the two and if I'd maybe prefer Heroes of the Storm. I have to admit that I wasn't a huge fan. I don't know why but it felt very different to League and I wasn't used to it at all. It felt an even easier version of standard MOBA's? I don't like that it doesn't have any proper builds, except some talent trees. Some maps are really, really badly designed and weird. However, I did enjoy that you can equip custom mounts and different crests so it makes the game itself more ''your style''.

I don't think I'll play it again though. Just wasn't very impressive.

fishmonk

Reaction score
I have tried it. I still prefer Dota 2 over HoTS as I love Dota 2's gameplay and complexity. HoTS does not suit my gaming taste.