• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Has Anybody Played Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice Yet?

Hux

Head Forum Admin
Reaction score
If so, what's your thoughts on it? I thought it was incredible after finishing it today! Probably one of the bets games I've played in the last few years. Anybody else tried it?

Gladdy

Reaction score
I've been meaning to try this game because I saw some streamers playing it on Twitch the other night. But I wasn't sure if it's good or not - I only watched a few minutes. Do you mind if I ask some questions?

1) Is it free roam type or more linear story driven?
2) Does it focus purely on combat or are there any RPG elements?
3) Approximately how long is it? If you try and finish everything? (I don't like short games)

Thank you for your answers! Also, is it just me or the main characters face with the blue paint resembles Alloy from the Horizon Zero Dawn :p

Hux

Head Forum Admin
Reaction score
I've been meaning to try this game because I saw some streamers playing it on Twitch the other night. But I wasn't sure if it's good or not - I only watched a few minutes. Do you mind if I ask some questions?

1) Is it free roam type or more linear story driven?
2) Does it focus purely on combat or are there any RPG elements?
3) Approximately how long is it? If you try and finish everything? (I don't like short games)

Thank you for your answers! Also, is it just me or the main characters face with the blue paint resembles Alloy from the Horizon Zero Dawn :p
I did the same, I watched some game play footage on the game and thought I'll give it a try! I thought it was incredible!

1) It's linear story driven but at some moments in the game you can choose which order to do certain events in.
2) Well, the game I'd say is 50% combat and 50% a journey through the game where you are experiencing exactly what and how Senua is feeling.
3) I think it's around 7-9 hours, but it's much more than just a game, it's more like an experience that is definitely worth purchasing!

I do sort of see what you mean with the face paint!